Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shut up legs???
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone
Another query i have please guide
So my legs sometimes just get totally burnt and they get finished i cant even run a 7 min/km pace
I will tell uh about 2 races

Once i was racing in an Olympic distance triathlon i was first to come outvof water biked alone the whole 40 km and also ran good at a 4.18 pace which was like my pb at that time
Now in nationals i was in a bunch where there were good cyclist i had to put my all to stay in that group my thighs were burnt up and legs felt so tired i couldn't run totally after that i completed the race with loads of struggle my last 10 km were in like 1 hour 5 minutes and the main point is i was much more prepared in the second race where i ran too slow
What should i do to overcome that thing in race
Quote Reply
Re: Shut up legs??? [Tri India] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Make sure nutrition/hydration was not an issue (i.e. did you "bonk").

2. Get a powermeter for the bike. Sounds like you overbiked in the second race. Know your FTP, and figure out what % of that you can hold for an Oly and still run (typically 85-95%).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
probably more cycle/run brick workouts

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i would guess your training journal is full of inconsistency, and you need to bike alot more.. I can bike all out for a hour and still run fast. I also don't miss workouts. ever. see my saddle sore thread lol
Quote Reply
Re: Shut up legs??? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah.. I think that too..
i will see that
Quote Reply
Re: Shut up legs??? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes i have increased my brick workouts since then
Quote Reply
Re: Shut up legs??? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah maybe nutrition was a problem and currently iam outbof budget for a power meter
Quote Reply