Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So after a couple of months of use, what’s the verdict? Are they more comfortable? Durable? Worth the price? Pros and cons?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [stuart716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like them. Pretty durable. Like I mentioned earlier I think I'll need to get my bike refit because this changes up some things quite a bit with your front end. It's been hot as all get out so I haven't ridden my tri bike in a few weeks.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [stuart716] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd give my opinion on these as I have now raced two (2) 70.3 events on these and countless hours on the trainer.

These are well worth the price for the added comfort and the incredibly locked in feeling I now have on the bike.
The extra connection along the forearm just gives me so much more confidence that I feel like I'm so connected to the cockpit that riding with fingers interlocked around the front of my shifters (shielding my BTA rather than a death grip on the bar ends) I have no worries about control.
These will be remaining a fixture on my bike.

Now the bad - be aware that for certain cockpit setups you will not be able to use the angle wedges that culprit has made for these pads. I run a PD Aeria with Zipp extensions but because on this setup the bracket the pad is attached to has a single line of holes you cannot attach the wedges. So if you want to run an angled setup you will have to get creative on certain cockpits.

So, I recommend these but verify that they will work for your setup requirements.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, very comfortable...but they don't fit my speed concept....

anyone want mine? ill include the extra pads and everything. slide into my DMs
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [aftermath312] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aftermath312 wrote:

Bummer. Assuming you have the latest gen of speed concept? Do you know if any of the other brand fit the SC?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aftermath312 wrote:

Sent you a message
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Curious by what you mean don't fit. The bolt spacing allows for Trek right? Of it doesn't fit in a different way.

Correct in that my wedges don't fit for side by side design. Only a few brands are still using that bolt spacing but there are some on the market that can help with that.

Would love to get pics explaining the issue either here or emailed to me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any word on cervelo P2 Vola 3T tribars and I use XLAB Torpedo BTA? I do not have narrow setup. Will this work with this? I also have a 15 degree tilt adaptor from aero coach which raises pads and extensions. Are people needing wedges below just the cups for full contact along pads? Looking for more comfort.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Arm pad pre order [transgress4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
should work fine with your set up. you may just need to check your bend since your arm will be more supported
Quote Reply

Prev Next