Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rouvy and the Lemond Revolution Trainer
Quote | Reply
I've decided to try to regain some fitness 2-years after a heart attack, and I have an old but solidly working Lemond Revolution trainer that has an added Wahoo Speed sensor, and I have a Wahoo Cadence sensor + Garmin HRM.

The whole setup worked on zwift but it just wasn't my thing. I've got the rouvy app on a Windows PC, all the sensors pick up but riding just is 50% or less of where I think I should be. I asked Rouvy support and their response was simply "unsupported trainer".

Anyone any ideas how I can get around this? I'm not looking to race etc. I'd just be happy to do training rides on the Boulder 70.3 course a couple of times a week against myself.

Currently rouvy reports I'm doing 8MPH on the flat, even I'm not that unfit!!

Is there another trainer type I could select that would match the wind resistence of the Lemond? Any other ideas?

Otherwise, I'd be open to swapping the Lemond, Ronnie Schildknecht sat on it for hours in my garage prior to going to IMFL before recording the first sub-8 IM in the US...
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and the Lemond Revolution Trainer [trimark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are on Facebook there is a Rouvy support group that the Rouvy support department reads and occasionally replies to.

Join that group (it is closed but they will add anyone that asks) and post your question. My guess is someone has that trainer and has figure it out. If not there is a lot of experience in that group and someone will have an idea.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and the Lemond Revolution Trainer [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, nope don't do facebook, even though I was on thefacebook for a while 15-years ago, even then it was too creepy. Hence I figured I'll ask here.

I'll see what else I can figure out... unless anyone knows any better!
Last edited by: trimark: May 29, 20 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and the Lemond Revolution Trainer [trimark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post it for you. See if anyone has a suggestion.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and the Lemond Revolution Trainer [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh cheers that would be great.

As I said, I'm really only looking to ride indoors a few times a week, I don't have health insurance and don't work these days, and as a legal non-citizen here in the US, can't afford to get sick... Otherwise its back to the Spinnervals and HR training :-(
Quote Reply