Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour)
Quote | Reply

Hey ST. I wanted to share an event that I am putting together a a fundraiser for the Challenged Athletes Foundation June 6th. Herbert gave me the okay to share this here. When you register you get a cycling jersey mailed to your house and the proceeds will be heading to support the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Its inspired by the "backyard ultra" running events, but this event takes place in your garage, living room, or pain cave. With many events being cancelled around the world in 2020 We are excited to present a new event format that will encourage athletes to push beyond their limits for 12 or 24 hours.

The basic idea is you log into Zwift and start the Tempus Fugit Loop at the top of the hour every hour. If you finish it quickly- you have to continue to ride till you hit the 40 minute mark. You repeat this process 12 or 24 times.

If your super hard core - you can get back on your bike for hour 25' and then ride till there is only 1 person left riding (above 1.5 w/kg to make things a bit more fair) to try and earn the one and only Yellow jersey

Details available at http://www.stayrelentless.com

Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [RedRacerFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the 12 hour event. Not really sure what I am in for. (other than chaffing)

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [RedRacerFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify.

After we have completed lap 1, making sure we have at least 40 minutes of riding, do we save the ride, log back into zwift, chose the course again and begin riding at the top of the next hour?

For the eliminator, is the same course used?
Is there a way to see who else is still riding for the eliminator portion?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the website states that you have to have a power meter or smart trainer....what about "virtual power" with a dumb trainer and speed sensor? I'm definitely considering the 12-hour challenge in support of Wounded Warriors Canada
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I optimistically signed up for the eliminator challenge. 🤞

When I make it to the 24-hour mark (...er, *if* I make it to the 24-hour mark...) it will be almost twice the longest ride I've ever completed. So... should be interesting! 🤪

Cheers,
Ginger

https://www.instagram.com/gingerhowellracing/
If you find yourself thinking "What if I can't", instead think "What if I can!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the 12 hour. So just confirm, ride for at least 40 minutes. Save the ride. Then be logged back in by :55 and then start at top of the hour?

Should be "fun"
Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [dutrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would of course be happy to have you participating and raising money for such a great cause!

We don't have a problem with participants using virtual power, but would not include your efforts in the Green/ Yellow Jersey efforts.
Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Thats the idea! Finish your loop/ 40 min ride.. then log in about 5 minutes before the next start

Logging out and in again may be a tad annoying- however it will keep everyone populating together at the top of each hour which is fun. It also helps with those pesky "low body weight" numbers that seem to populate in peoples accounts when they do any sort of Zwift event.

As well, it's a bit of a safeguard against technical issues. Should you have trouble with and technical issues we can easily look to see when it happened and you can still get sorted out to join in on the top of the next hour- without being "left behind" the group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great! My buddy and me are IN....the Okanagan Chain Gang will ride!
Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [dutrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which city in the Okanagan

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Country
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You all have fun. I am sadly otherwise engaged
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The website says athletes will need to add the race director as a "friend" on Zwift so that after the event they can review and verify everything. I'm new to Zwift, is adding someone as a "friend" the same thing as following them? And safe to assume the race director is Jordan?

Thanks – looking forward to this (I think)!
Quote Reply
Re: Solitary Confinement Challenge for CAF (24 / 12 Hour) [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to rob a bank for the ten thousand dollars worth of body glide I think I'll need. Last time I used Castrol 5-30 and all I got was an infection.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excited for this weekend! Check out the news release!

https://www.tri247.com/...onfinement-challenge

Also some top guys participating such as:
4X Ironman Champ Laura Siddall
Ultraman World Champion Tara Norton
Ultraman World Champion Jordan Bryden
70.3 Pro Holly Benner
Ironman Pro Ginger Howell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was a nice event. Great people. The 24 hour riders are on their last hour right now. I did the 12. Pretty much fell apart hours 8 and 9, but somehow did a nice comeback for the last 3. Slept well last night
Quote Reply