Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree about the speed. I did Eagleman VR a little over 59 minutes on 253W (Tacx Neo 2 power) and 3.1 W/kg. That is pretty close to what I would be on a legit outside Olympic if I rode at a similar effort.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, some pretty odd results coming in but frankly I didnā€™t really expect anything less. I see a few non sanctioned trainers in the results... maybe theyā€™ll be taken out? Or people with respectable (but nothing earth shattering) real world race times or seemingly minimal strava history throwing down some very fast times. Maybe they just got better and kudos to them. If not... weā€™ll cool, you cheated on a virtual bike race.

I think you have to be ok with the fact that if someone wants some internet glory that badly whelp... I just feel sorry for them. I had a great day out there, was the fastest 3k time Iā€™ve run since HS or college and was fun to go for it over 40k on the bike. At the end of the day I had fun, built some fitness and tried something new. Iā€™ll take that.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the Rouvy AR app on IPad its simple. On top, click your name to go to user profile, then click edit model. Click the Ironman jersey and it gives you a TT bike. I have no idea if it helps speed in the algorithm but it looks cool!
Also make sure you use the AR app. On the FB Rouvy forum people are saying their comparative speeds are faster than the workout app.

Torrent wrote:
How do we pick a TT bike? In my edit rider i only have the option to change my rider jersey:)
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I my buy the finisher swag for the mask. I like the mask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can on its, using AR app. That might be the difference in speed your seeing, tt bike to roadie.

Gilliga wrote:
Dont think you can
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks:) Next question is how do i get the ironman jersey option? Only jersey options i have are Starter, Rouvy and Universal.

Doesnā€™t really matter as Iā€™m not legit anyway, pairing my powermeter and riding the dumb trainer. Might entertain getting a mid range smart trainer if this drags on and they get to the point where theyā€™re awarding St George slots(and if the Championship results over the summer seem legitimate).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using the Rouvy AR app? It shows Ironman jersey as 4th option on mine. Maybe update the app? When you change the jersey it changes your bike.

Torrent wrote:
Ok thanks:) Next question is how do i get the ironman jersey option? Only jersey options i have are Starter, Rouvy and Universal.

Doesnā€™t really matter as Iā€™m not legit anyway, pairing my powermeter and riding the dumb trainer. Might entertain getting a mid range smart trainer if this drags on and they get to the point where theyā€™re awarding St George slots(and if the Championship results over the summer seem legitimate).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I deleted then reinstalled the AR app and the only change was my first jersey/status went from Starter to Talented(Iā€™ve done a few rides on Rouvy since first downloading). Maybe Iā€™ll try emailing Rouvy or poke around on their site to see what i need to do to get the IM option. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am using the Windows AR version of the pp. I cannot find the settings either. Tried the iOS version, and no joy there either. I at least got the option for the ā€œTalentedā€ jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After seeing these comments looked around on laptop, iPad and iPhone install. Only see the three jerseys mentioned and no TT bike.

At least now I have something to blame my poor result on. Lol.

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See attached screenshot, maybe you cant use on the free trial? Iā€™m certainly not special

Last edited by: CP78: Jun 6, 20 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m also on only Talented, which is entry level, maybe they ran out of jerseys šŸ˜„

Last edited by: CP78: Jun 6, 20 16:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the screenshots:) I like the Ventum!

I must not have the option because Iā€™m still milking the free trial. I probably wont pay unless i end up getting a smart trainer. Iā€™m already paying for Zwift
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CP78 wrote:
Iā€™m also on only Talented, which is entry level, maybe they ran out of jerseys šŸ˜„

Son of a gun.. I finished pretty high during the "official" race today and I was losing time to a couple guys that consistently had a lower watts per KG than me, be it flat or on a climb.

Does anyone know if this TT bike actually makes a difference in the race? I hope it doesn't for all those that don't have it.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [Ewynn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would just go with a minimum swim qualifying time for the VR events from a past event either a triathlon or swim meet.

Saying a Garmin file is good enough for a pool swim is dangerous and it's so easy to cheat. Swim in a short pool - 20 yards and say it's a 25m pool. I would rather have a QT chart starting at 400m than a free for all virtual swim

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont have that option either for Ironman Jersey and TT bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weird.... Iā€™m currently in the lowest paid subscription level and donā€™t see the TT option...

Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
I would just go with a minimum swim qualifying time for the VR events from a past event either a triathlon or swim meet.

Saying a Garmin file is good enough for a pool swim is dangerous and it's so easy to cheat. Swim in a short pool - 20 yards and say it's a 25m pool. I would rather have a QT chart starting at 400m than a free for all virtual swim

The entire virtual race scene is, to some degree a free for all (lots of options to doctor it...you could do the run with a razor scooter, or even in your car and upload the GPS file). But for those who want to do it, its better than nothing. At some point you have to count on the honesty of the bulk of athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least they have asked for hEart rate daya during the run, that take out doing it on a bike or scooter as the HR data would reflect cheating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a reply from rouvy as I felt my times were bit off and below is the reply

Hello,

as we can see, you rode the race on the Rouvy Workouts app.
We are sorry, but it is not possible to compare the ride on Rouvy Workouts and Rouvy AR, that was used by other riders. Rouvy AR has a different algorithm that better corresponds with reality. If you wish to compare your rides, please use the Rouvy AR app.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,
R-T.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was very pleased with my VR10 race... Until I looked at my Garmin profile this morning and noticed that it has a net 23' elevation drop. That totally sucks. I intentionally ran a course that finished on an uphill to all but guarantee a net gain. Based on the course, it seems highly unlikely that I could have had a net drop, but my Garmin 945 begs to differ. I did the Strava correction, and it gives me a +3' gain. I really, really hope that the Ironman VR altitude adjustment takes care of me.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 WC slots awarded to virtual racers [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my Garmin I had 20ft elevation gain even though I finished at the same spot I started.
On a long ride, I get about 300 ft elevation change between my Garmin cycling and Tri watch, while my buddy gets a very different number.
I donā€™t think IM will worry too much about small differences.

I enjoyed the IM VR10 also.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:
At least they have asked for hEart rate daya during the run, that take out doing it on a bike or scooter as the HR data would reflect cheating.

Haha....ride a trainer in your pickup truck at high heart rate and get your buddy to drive said truck over the route and upload it as a run LOL. Maybe they need step count too and steps per second along with heart rate to see if its in the realm of reality. Steps per second would translate into stride length and you can only cheat that so much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is all so frustrating. I can't use the AR app on my desktop because I don't have Bluetooth on it and the AR app doesn't support ANT+ yet. I downloaded and installed the AR app Friday (Jun 5) because the Rouvy Workouts app recommended I do and I don't see an option to ride the TT bike. And I have a basic subscription, so what am I missing?

IM directs you to Rouvy's race rules document (https://cdn.virtualtraining.eu/...al_race_rules_EN.pdf) that states you have to submit a weigh in picture, but doesn't say to where and is ambiguous in wording as to when this has to be done. In the process I was able to drop 10lbs accidentally/surprisingly by having a full length mirror wedged between the wall and the scale, but that's a separate issue. A weigh in *picture* can be doctored in so many ways regardless.

It's all very shoddy.

(fun aside: I missed the instructions to connect Rouvy to my VR account *before* the race and then proceeded to accidentally ride Arizona instead of Eagleman, so all my efforts and frustrations were for naught anyway, sigh)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I pay and have been using Rouvy since before it was called Rouvy. I donā€™t have that Ironman jersey I donā€™t even have a talented jersey... emailed support and it was useless and not helpful (which hasnā€™t been the case over the years) still on road bike but not like I care at all but just could not understand what they were saying on how to get a TT bike!
Quote Reply

Prev Next