Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA Advanced 2020 - Frame Front Cover Size Problem
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I have a Felt IA Adv. 2020 just build, there is a front frame cover, as on photos below, which is as per my opinion to short, most probably not belongs to frame size 58. The cover length over all is 134 mm. In between fork and cover is gap 6mm as on photo below. The fork is stem is assembled perfectly, triple checked.

May I kindly ask for your experience about size of this element?
Last edited by: timebuster: May 28, 20 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Advanced 2020 frame front size [timebuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same frame in a 56. There's definitely a gap there as well. I haven't measured the gap, but it's noticeable.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Advanced 2020 frame front size [petermck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May I ask you for the length of mentioned element? My is 134mm on frame size 58 and terrible ugly gap is 6+mm. Additionally, aft part of the front cover is narrower than frame front so there is 'stair' in between cover and frame what I am not considering as top aero. See photo with pink dots.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Advanced 2020 - Frame Front Cover Size Problem [timebuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is not correct for sure.
Get in touch with your dealer.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Advanced 2020 - Frame Front Cover Size Problem [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wrong frame size element/part was delivered with my IA frame 58, most probably the front part belongs to frame size 54 or 56 and is too short for size 58.
The gab suppose to be around 1 mm only.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Advanced 2020 - Frame Front Cover Size Problem [timebuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this happened as well and contacted my bike shop. Mike bike shop responded with an email from Felt service technician who said the larger gap is normal going forward. Complaints before about the gaps being too small and fork/covers getting damaged while riding due to the flex. All new covers coming will have larger gaps.
Quote Reply