Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
Hi PJC,

Sorry you are having trouble with linking your watch! Ill pm you right now to get this solved!

Keith

All sorted fast. Thanks heaps.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi BallsJesus,

Unfortunately the Garmin Fenix 5S is not compatible with the FORM goggles as, although the watch supports connectIQ data fields, it doesn't allow for those data fields to transmit information via BLE. Our goggles require the BLE connection to collect data from the watch.

Hope this helps clear things up!

Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QUESTION - When our pools closed I looked at how I could do TI style swim metrics in OW. Being in Honolulu the ocean is available year round. It's all about time, distance, and stroke count. I have used an FR935 for several years and love it. Never cared much for OW swim data beyond distance and time for long, continuous swims. When I started looking more closely at my Training Peaks data I found I spent a great deal of time swimming so fast I must have been towed by a jet ski. Apparently long, slow data is OK, but something like 4 x 50 with 15 sec rests is useless. The GPS system does not have the required accuracy. When the 945 came out DC Rainmaker had good things to say about swim GPS accuracy. I would like to hear from folks here who have used these goggles with a 945 in OW how useful -- accurate -- the pace and distance display are. Or do you sometimes appear to be pulled by a pod of dolphins?
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [garydunn808] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I did my first open water swim today in them. Surprised the display doesn’t infringe on your vision of where you look at all. I had to actually make a decision to see what time or distance I was at.

Pretty good actually.

Start and stop on my watch is cool too. So no stuffing around with the buttons on the goggles.

My only complaint is I’d like the goggles to be slightly bigger.

Overall. I like

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I'm back again with another webinar featuring the FORM Smart Swim Goggles - its this Thursday, September 10th at 10am PST (1pm EST) and will be entirely dedicated to questions from you (ie. users/potential users/athletes). We will take any and all swimming or goggles related questions and answer them live during the webinar!

https://www.bigmarker.com/...mcr_source=Instagram

Feel free to comment directly on here or DM me with any questions you would like to see answered. We will be taking questions in advance (and have a small FAQ presentation for these) and then move onto answering live questions during the webinar.

And again, it'll feature 2-time Canadian Olympic Breaststroker, Scott Dickens as the presenter.

Thanks and hope to see you there!
Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First of all I absolutely love the Goggles, a lot better than I was expecting TBH.

What would be good would be a YouTube clip explaining how to operate the Goggles, how to set up and adjust the various fields etc?

I've had a quick look but not sure how I can set the fields so I just see distance and speed constantly?
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
First of all I absolutely love the Goggles, a lot better than I was expecting TBH.

What would be good would be a YouTube clip explaining how to operate the Goggles, how to set up and adjust the various fields etc?

I've had a quick look but not sure how I can set the fields so I just see distance and speed constantly?

I think you do this in the app, there should be a settings option and make sure the goggles are nearby and paired.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM Smart Swim Goggles Announces Open Water [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi dunno,

That's awesome, I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your goggles! And thanks for the great feedback, you actually read our minds a bit as we do have plans to launch a series of short FAQ/Tutorial videos really soon. I believe we are in the process of filming/editing them, but we plan on having quick tutorial videos to walk through all things FORM goggles. This will include everything from adjusting your goggles, setting your dashboards, navigating the app, pairing external accessories, etc.

In terms of specifically answering your question though, I can give you a couple tips right now:

Pool Swimming: for pool swimming the display will always have a time-based metric on top (interval running time for the swim screen, interval split time for the turn screen, and rest timer for the rest screen). For your second metric along the bottom of the goggles you are able to fully customize this, but you can only see 1 metric at a time on the swim and turn screens. For you to be able to see distance and speed constantly, I would recommend setting the swim screen to "Last Length - Pace per 100" and the turn screen to "For Current Interval - Distance". This way when you are swimming you can see what pace you were at on the last length and have an update on how far into your interval you are everytime you turn. For the rest screen, you can select up to three metrics to cycle along the bottom and you would also be able to have distance or pace-based metrics shown here.

Open-water Swimming: for open water swimming, if you pair a compatible GPS watch you will be able to get exactly what you want. The top line of the goggles again is a running timer of your whole swim, but along the bottom you can have up to three metrics scrolling - so for your case you would be able to select Distance and Pace per 100 (which is a workout average pace/100).

Hope this clears things up!
Keith
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi again everyone!

I'm back with another reminder for an upcoming webinar that is happening Monday, September 21 at 9am PST. This webinar is slightly different from our previous ones, as it will be co-hosted by open-water swimming expert Bryan Mineo. He'll be focussing on how to maximize your efforts in open-water swimming through structure, innovative products and live metrics. Essentially, how you can use your FORM goggles to maximize your swimming gains when training in open-water.

Please sign up here:
https://www.bigmarker.com/...e-Swim-Mechanic-FORM

We hope to see you there!
Keith
Quote Reply

Prev Next