Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lubbock is a go! [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In this situation, I tend to think these decisions are much more based on the state/county/city and not race organizer.
Quote Reply
Re: Lubbock is a go! [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:
I’m watching these two closely. I can see Muncie happening as they have a complete reopen set for July 4th. Ohio, I’d prefer to race, however, I’m not sure they are as aggressive as other states.

At this point, Delaware Co, OH where the Ohio race is held has the lowest COVID-19 death rate per 100K (7), then Lubbock Co., TX (17), then Delaware Co, IN (35) where Muncie is located.
Quote Reply
Re: Lubbock is a go! [Ironcoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for this. Another friend will be signing up tomorrow. Likely going to be another year of painfully suffering through, but totally worth it. Really, I just need to justify the money spent on my tri bike last year.....:)
Quote Reply
Re: Lubbock is a go! [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done the Castroville TT many times. Its well managed, good roads, and not heavily attended.
Quote Reply
Re: Lubbock is a go! [mtschnur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d argue the roads are pretty crap... but the rest is true :)
Quote Reply
Re: Lubbock is a go! [Ironcoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Texas just recorded their highest 7 day total of new COVID cases since the beginning of the pandemic (and highest level of hospitalizations)... I'm not sure if this will impact whether the race goes ahead, but it does merit consideration individually for each participant in assessing their personal risk tolerance, and to make a choice of how they want to race.
Quote Reply
Re: Lubbock is a go! [runboorun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the June Castroville race a week ago, they took a pool and everyone voted to have another event in July, September, and October. I think the vote was to skip August since it's so dang hot.

Roads are getting busier which is a bummer since I've been riding that section for 5-8 years. There is enough of a shoulder though that you can stay in and shouldn't be too big a deal for a single rider.

Roads are definitely not smooth. Not the worst chipseal I've ridden on but definitely not fast surface.

Still, any chance to race and go hard is appreciated right now.

Mark Saroni

Prev Next