Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Went for a hernia check left with a Pacemaker [Tobrien55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! It'll be 4 years in May and its going well. Sorry, you're looking at getting a little sparky. It sounds like if you do get one it won't be "pacing" your heart 100% of the time (at least initially) like mine is with my complete heart block. That is a good thing. The more you can rely on your natural HR the better. The first two years were up and down as they tried to get mine dialed in with the correct resting HR and max HR setting. One size doesn't fit all when you are actually running and cycling with a pacemaker. At first, my resting was too high and max was too low. This resulted in feeling pretty shitty after my workouts (and in the months directly after my surgery, during my workouts too). Basically, after my workouts my brain was telling my heart that it needed to stay elevated to get blood/O2 where it was needed. However, sparky had other plans and was getting my HR back to where it was programmed as soon as possible. Suffice it say, that makes you feel pretty bad, similar to severe dehydration. So, they raised the max HR lowered the resting HR and changed the rate that the unit tries to get me back to the a "regular" HR after my HR is elevated. That helped considerably. Other than that no real issues. Airport security can suck a little is they don't have the right machine, which results in a "manual" search that isn't fun.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!
Quote Reply
Re: Went for a hernia check left with a Pacemaker [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick feedback. I will take that into consideration as they work out the pacing. They already said they would keep it low for me but hadn’t considered high or recovery.

I already deal with airport security because of my hips….so just add more to the list!
Quote Reply
Re: Went for a hernia check left with a Pacemaker [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) Where are you located?
2) Disregard. Didn't realize this was a four year old thread.
Last edited by: VegasJen: Jan 26, 24 22:52
Quote Reply

Prev Next