Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA FRD 2021 new model?
Quote | Reply
Hey Peeps,

My 2015 felt IA FRD is getting a little long in the tooth and has been upgraded to the max and has hit its ceiling in free speed and fit capabilities. I'm not a big fan of disc brakes on Tri bikes, so have held off in buying a new IA DISC.

With that, every bike company besides Trek has gone to disc on their highest of high end bikes (BOLIDE TR+, FACTOR Slick, IA FRD, etc), I may have to bite the bullet and go disc brake.

Anyone have any insider info on an even NEWER IA FRD or even any other super bikes with integrated front hydration? I saw the Plasma 6 is coming out with FH.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA FRD 2021 new model? [chumarnier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have any insight on the Felt, but it's not just Trek that has held off so far. Ignoring rumors of potential disc brake bikes you still have Canyon, Cube, and some smaller high end bikes like the TriRig omni and Premier Tactical. Given Cube's are impossible to get in the US and Canyon depends on stock and your size but you're not quite as limited as you infer.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you with the FRD. I recall Jim Manton basically saying the IA is still at the tip of spear as far as aero...thus if there is a 'new' version might be front hydration like you mentioned, and/or tilt adjustment for the aero bars. The Px/P5 have it pretty nailed as far as disk brake bikes at this point. Tririg Omni would be the only thing I'd consider if I was going to stay with rim brakes.

Never thought I'd want disk brakes on my tri bike but after spending this spring with my Venge Pro they really got me considering it. Just so easy to mount and of course stopping power being precise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the original IA FRD sold it last year got a new IA disc brake. Other than the looks the new one is completely different and way better. Gone is that Mickey Mouse seat clamp. The bento box is better. The front end is all new.... one piece nose cone, thru axles and way stronger. And boy does this baby stop. The bike goes down hills like it is on rails. Then there is the rear storage too. I have 5 full blown tri bikes my new Felt is going to Kona 2021.
Quote Reply