Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For Scott Plasma owners, bike fitters or interested people
Quote | Reply
Hi, I have a Scott Plasma 10 and I always wondered why the most accessible and non super-bike TT model from Scott does not have an integrated stem, but the Scott Plasma 3 had in 2013. And I think that if I bought a Scott Plasma 3's integrated stem it could fit nicely on my bike and fulfill my desires for aerodynamics. Do you reckon that it could fit normally or it would be weird-looking?

Thanks for the attention,
have a nice day!
Quote Reply
Re: For Scott Plasma owners, bike fitters or interested people [gablopalb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Tririg stem or the pro missile evo stem would probably achieve what you're attempting to do

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: For Scott Plasma owners, bike fitters or interested people [gablopalb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be more specific, that is a Scott Plasma4 10. It doesn’t have an integrated stem because an integrated stem is not very accessible.

If you are interested in aerodynamic improvements, you really need a bike fit. That setup has a number of symptoms that suggest it’s pretty poor (armpad level and seat choice being the obvious ones).

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gablopalb wrote:
Hi, I have a Scott Plasma 10 and I always wondered why the most accessible and non super-bike TT model from Scott does not have an integrated stem, but the Scott Plasma 3 had in 2013. And I think that if I bought a Scott Plasma 3's integrated stem it could fit nicely on my bike and fulfill my desires for aerodynamics. Do you reckon that it could fit normally or it would be weird-looking?

Thanks for the attention,
have a nice day!
The steer tube diameter may or may not be different

Plasma 3 has a 1-inch steer tube. Not sure what yours has. At least according to R&A, the Plasma 4 10 has a 1 1/8-inch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 A stem is not the answer to your aerodynamic desires. Start with a fit as suggested by Trent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a update to my stem that will definitely clean up your bike.

Will first make cnc sample to check safety, etc, then will post for pre orders when we confirm unit pricing, etc.

But likely will only offer 100mm in the beginning.

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: For Scott Plasma owners, bike fitters or interested people [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
To be more specific, that is a Scott Plasma4 10. It doesn’t have an integrated stem because an integrated stem is not very accessible.

If you are interested in aerodynamic improvements, you really need a bike fit. That setup has a number of symptoms that suggest it’s pretty poor (armpad level and seat choice being the obvious ones).

/\/\/\
This was about what i wanted to react but saw your post. So completely true. Anything as an aerodynamic upgrade other then doing a fitsession with a good fitter will be a waste of money

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply