Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Used running shoes? Is there a market for them?
Quote | Reply
I have a lot of running shoes that are in good shape, but have enough miles on them, that I don’t use them anymore. I’m guessing they All have between 300 and 500 miles on them. Some more. These are all good quality shoes, but does anyone buy shoes with this many miles? Should I throw them out? Are there charities that would take these?
Quote Reply
Re: Used running shoes? Is there a market for them? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Covid19 changed everything.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Used running shoes? Is there a market for them? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know about resale, but if they are reasonably clean donate to the shelters or find a school teacher that has kids in need. Lots of people could use a pair of decent shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are places that take them off your hands and grind them up for track surfaces in under-privileged neighborhoods/ schools. I used to drop mine off at the donation box found at the Nike store for this purpose.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine get gathered up and sent over to the pacific islands for the schools / clubs over there. Someone in my tri-club arranges that with all the other sporting clubs around town each year. Fill the container with shoes / shorts / t-shirts / rugby boots / etc etc etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There a couple people around here that gather up race shirts, used shoes, etc and take them to Cuba. I'm sure you could find somewhere online to donate them.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the consensus about donating them. Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than seeing a bunch of our local homeless sporting high end "kicks," lol. Makes me feel good about our running community, if nothing else.
Quote Reply
Re: Used running shoes? Is there a market for them? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Mine get gathered up and sent over to the pacific islands for the schools / clubs over there. Someone in my tri-club arranges that with all the other sporting clubs around town each year. Fill the container with shoes / shorts / t-shirts / rugby boots / etc etc etc.

The daughter of friend of my wife (known via a local tri organiser) has done this - taking suit cases full of no-longer-used running shoes out to Africa where they were used / given away, as part of some volunteering scheme.
I'll try find out the schemes name (we're in the UK but I think it was an international set up not just UK specific).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As many have said check out local running store. I think most take them and donate them. Some even give a discount for a donation too. There are places online that take them too but might be a bigger hassle with boxing and shipping

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply