Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway
Quote | Reply
It is a good day for endurance sports fans here in Norway.
We have an uphill TT cycling event currently going (sadly no links available).

At 6pm Norwegian time the Ingebrigtsens will run a 5k road race.
https://www.nrk.no/...friidrett-1.11725440

Finally something other than marble racing (Check out the racing here https://www.youtube.com/...dpnjuSWVOLgGT9fIzL0g )
Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was talking about this in another thread but is it Norway that's infamous for excellent long form sports broadcasts?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I was talking about this in another thread but is it Norway that's infamous for excellent long form sports broadcasts?

No, Norway is (in)famous for its short form sport commentary

Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The road running race is about to start.
I hope the link works outside of Norway
Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

just saw it done in the alphafly's. rather see marble racing then mechanical doped racing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5k in 13.28 for Jakob Ingebrigtsen. He is 19y old, turning 20 in September.

3k in 8.25
5k in 13.28
71s last 500m

Full race here https://www.youtube.com/...CZbxO0wg3KQ&t=3s

Results http://live.eqtiming.com/...99799-9-1126932-1-1-
Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Halvard wrote:

just saw it done in the alphafly's. rather see marble racing then mechanical doped racing

Do you also bitch every summer when riders in The Tour aren't on a 10 speed steel frame bikes with quill stems and downtube shifters?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Halvard wrote:

Do you also bitch every summer when riders in The Tour aren't on a 10 speed steel frame bikes with quill stems and downtube shifters?

but we dont give praise to the times the tour riders are we doing. Praise is given to placing. While running with the techno boom is giving praise to times. That needs to be done away with.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally live cycling and road running back on TV here in Norway [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Chemist wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Halvard wrote:

but we dont give praise to the times the tour riders are we doing. Praise is given to placing. While running with the techno boom is giving praise to times. That needs to be done away with.

I think that the challenge is that running has always been a "time based" event (in addition to placements). Biking has been a combo of man and machine to get the best placement (like formula one). Running shoe related fast times, then falls into the category of swimming rubber suit fast times. That is a problem....mainly good to see real humans racing again in real life, not video games !!!!
Quote Reply