Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hamburg WTS and Ironman announced
Quote | Reply
Hamburg WTS and relay world champs and Ironman have all been announced for the same weekend in early Sept. That is a lot of athletes all in the one spot when you combine both short and long course elites and age group athletes. Bit optimistic I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Hamburg WTS and Ironman announced [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You forgot a 10k run on same runcourse on that Weekend. Restrictions for larger events end at the end of August over here (by now), to kick in again with kinda overdose looks weird.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Hamburg WTS and Ironman announced [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the sizes of groups permitted outdoors today in Hamburg? From what I understand they are their own City and state so may be able to do things differently than other states in Germany?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not all knowing, but my guess is that neither will happen
Quote Reply
Re: Hamburg WTS and Ironman announced [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just checked Hamburg restrictions...people outside of 2 families 10 person max.
It’s kinda close all over Germany with only some exceptions.
I see it like Herbert.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suspect they will have to shrink the fields compared to their normal evens, but if ever there was a venue set-up to handle bigger numbers, while complying with post-COVID spacing guidelines suggested by the ITU, it was Hamburg... The AG T-Zone is honestly like a mile long... In a normal year, it's the worlds largest triathlon...

We'll see how the next couple of months go, to see whether they actually happen, and what type of field size restrictions are imposed... that said, I am less worried about gathering caps, since the German government would have been involved in the discussions with the ITU for the rescheduling, so they will be aware of plans, and interject if they need to mandate alterations closer to.

I suspect for the AG races, there will be many fewer international participants, given that when most countries are opening up international travel, they are imposing some quarantine restrictions (maybe not flying into Germany for the event, but likely upon returning), which may be prohibitive for those unable to work from home, if you need to travel to Germany for a week for the race, and then quarantine another 14 days upon returning home...
Quote Reply