Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are the best workouts to maintain fitness?
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, I had been training consistently for the past year under a coach and was planning on racing a few times this summer finishing with an Ironman in late August. I got covid back in mid March and got very sick and ended up with pneumonia. I stopped training for about 5 weeks as a result and then slowly started to building back in to it.

Although I feel totally recovered I am worried about pushing my body too much after being through something like that and with all of my races now cancelled I have decided to just take a break and treat this like the off season. I have stopped training with my coach and am planning to just do light training a few times per week not following any structured plan and keeping everything pretty light. I have definitely lost some of the fitness that I built over the past few months but I would still like to maintain some sort of ‘base fitness’ throughout the summer. I have been running about 3-4 times per week for about 30-40mins keeping it light and cycling 2-3 times also. I have not being swimming as pools are still shut where I am.

I was wondering what type of key workouts people think are the best bang for your buck in terms of staying relatively fit? I am guessing some sweet spot efforts on the bike and some zone 2/3 running? I guess I am trying to just be ready for picking up higher intensity training again at some point without having to rebuild my base fitness. Hope this makes sense and I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!!
Last edited by: rbd32: May 18, 20 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: What are the best workouts to maintain fitness? [rbd32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How to "BEST" maintain your fitness by Hunter Allen: https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be
Quote Reply