Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? May 18 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
still not doing an awesome job with the healthy coping. Shooting for 6/7 good days this week because yesterday was not good, and also not be dumb and run too much

5/7, and did a good job with the running. I saw my orthopedist on Wed. and things are healing like they should.

swim: 5x, 7000 yds (in a meter pool but that's what it converts to)
bike: 1x, 40 mi
run: 6x, 36.25 mi

goals this week are to keep the run mileage stable and ride more, and have 7/7 days. Today is day 5 in a row of healthy coping!

A professional win for me today: I have a chapter in a book that is now available in e-book format, and will be available in hard copy in late June. It was a lot of work to do and it feels good to have it done!
https://www.routledge.com/...aV7UNwaBUs1jVt9t34j4

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on the chapter Dr TC! And good work on the healthy coping streak!
Hope the rest of the women are well.

I had a decent week last week with some good runs and some good rides. The plan for this week is more of the same! And to eat less sugary stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the publication TC!!! Looks very interesting. I'm so glad that folks are thinking about math pedagogy.

Scher--sounds like you had some fun last week. Keep on keepin' on!

I folded a little last week. I had a wicked migraine when the temps went from the 20s one night to the low 70s by the next afternoon. My head pretty much exploded. So, that interfered with workouts. Then my neighbors wanted to do a social distancing hang on Saturday night. I poured myself a drink, and then one of my neighbors "kindly" poured me a giant glass of her very sweet wine. I felt compelled to drink that too, and then I was pretty rough the next day. Sweet wine isn't my thing. I walked half of my long run.

Anyway, the semester is over now, save for some lingering grading. Whew!

Here's my sched for the week:

M: bike
Tu: run and leg work
W: Bike intervals and brick run
Th: RESSSST
Fri: run and swim strength
Sat: long bike
Su: long run and run work

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik and congratulations on the chapter. How will you celebrate?

I had a solid week -- yoga every day, ran and biked five times (mostly easy with one tougher interval sesh each). Our public pools are going to be closed all summer but I think open water will soon be an option, maybe?

More of the same this week and maybe a little adventure for the long weekend (this coming weekend here) but it'll depend on how busy parks and public land seem to be. I'd really like to check out to a little cabin in the woods on a lake but I'd settled for leaving my place :D

Happy training and happy short week.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 18 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Anyway, the semester is over now, save for some lingering grading. Whew!

yay!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a new week, Ladies. Hope you all are staying safe and doing well.

Thanks for getting us started, Dr. TC. Congrats on the chapter!!

It continues to be a weird limbo purgatory situation here. The weather has gone back to sucking- cloudy, windy, wet, and a bit chilly. Mother Nature means it when she wants us to stay the eff at home.

I nailed my workouts last week, even through a massive technology conniption fit with Zwift and everything deciding to stop connecting...three seconds into a large long group ride that I was leading. Blerf. Can't go anywhere but up, right?

This week's goal: Recovery! I had a pretty big build block with VR5 and longer runs and rides, so it's a stepback this week. For what? No idea at this point. I'm assuming my next 70.3 in July will be canceled, but in typical M-dot fashion it won't be done until like 5 minutes after it should be.

M- 6mi run (nailed it, it was a nice tra la la though the neighborhood)
Tu- Tri team dry land workout and strength
W- Zwift team ride and 30min run brick. Also coaching a kids team workout on Zoom. Also also Cycling club board meeting.
Th- Tri team dry land workout and 30min run and ST Ladies Happy Hour!
F- REST DAY HOLLAAAA
Sa- 2:15 ride and 15min run brick
Su- yoga

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply