Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

(WTB) Light and TRI bike - any suggestions?
Quote | Reply
Howdy,
I'm in the market for a light(er) weight triathlon bike. I'm currently very happy and aero on my Diamond Back Andean. The only downside is, this thing is super heavy. I was signed up for 70.3 Mallorca which of course is now not happening but also for any half distances within the US - I'm considering something less spectacular looking but light.
Any suggestions? I'm not a fanboy by any brand by any means so all tips welcome. Haven't had a Specialized in ages, that might be a route but I also like tri specific brands such as Quintana Roo.
THX!
Quote Reply
Re: (WTB) Light and TRI bike - any suggestions? [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Venge with Vias TT bars

In general, tri bikes prioritize aero and none of them are particularly lightweight
Quote Reply
Re: (WTB) Light and TRI bike - any suggestions? [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BUMP

Does no one care about the weight here? Currently I'm eyeing the Quintana Roo PRSIX2 and Speci Shiv.
Any other suggestions?

thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a BMC TM01 (2017) and it was quite light, and fast. I currently have a 2018 QR PRSix which seems a bit heavier, but is fast and def lighter than an Andean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spoili007 wrote:
BUMP

Does no one care about the weight here? Currently I'm eyeing the Quintana Roo PRSIX2 and Speci Shiv.
Any other suggestions?

thanks!

What's light for you? 17lbs light? Components are going to matter a whole lot in getting your bike light. But yeah the Andean isn't going to build up light regardless. I think my Da is in the 17.XXlb range with disc and 90mm front. I have an anchor for a crank, but i'd only save ~half a pound switching it out.

I doubt the shiv is going to build up that light. My vote would go for the QR out of those two if weight is what you're after.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott Plasma's have a reputation for being lightweight. Ceepo claims its Katana to be a light one. As someone said, much depends on the components choice
Quote Reply