Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Nike Indoor Lightweight Cycling Shoe (release June 1)
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen this posted or talked about yet but looks like Nike is getting back into the cycling shoe market somewhat. This time a knitted/weave lightweight upper for indoor training. Not that I get overheated with my own outdoor shoes, but Nike SuperRep looks pretty breathable. Not bad color schemes too.
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Indoor Lightweight Cycling Shoe (release June 1) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing this... I am in for sure!! :)

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: New Nike Indoor Lightweight Cycling Shoe (release June 1) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The are ugly, but I like the concept. My shoes get disgusting indoors and require frequent washing. This would be even better if it was a rigid shell with a removable and machine washable bootie. A cheap Mavic Comete Ultimate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good to have options and an indoor specific shoe is a good idea. Not having any adjustment if you use a three bolt cleat is a drawback.

I use a Shimano sandal indoors because that bike is permanently on the trainer so 2 bolt pedals/shoes are fine for me. It's mainly plastic and just wipes down easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think indoor specific shoes are a good idea, but I do not see how these shoes address any of the issues specific to indoor cycling.

In my opinion, the most important thing about an indoor cycling shoe is your ability to walk in it comfortably and without damaging the floor. It seems to me that these are no better than a normal road shoe in that department, but offer zero stiffness in the sole, even around the cleat. In fact, if you use a 2-bolt spd cleat with these, They will be much more difficult to walk in than an MTB shoe and that little metal cleat will scratch the hell out of even the toughest floors.

The "CAD" image seems to show some sort of sole glued to the lasted upper, then with the little molded plastic outsoles on the forefoot and heel, But the photos seem to indicate that there is no full-length soles. It looks like you just have a slip-lasted upper with those two little molded plastic parts glued to it. It should me light with a lot of flex under the arch.

All I see with this is a shoe that is made to accept cycling cleats but will perform very poorly as a cycling shoe, and will be even worse to walk in than many real cycling shoes. You'd be much better off just buying some MTB shoes. Or any real cycling shoe, in my opinion.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply