Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Member Question
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys,

New member here from NJ. Just wanted to say hi. First year in the tri community and picked a great yr to start with half the season being canceled so far...Transitioning to the tri world from the motorcycle racing world and as a member of the NYC running community. Absolutely falling in love with the sport so far. Road bike Supersix Evo. Tri bike Cervelo P3.

Question: Just picked up a Cervelo P3. Getting the bike fitted in a few weeks, but looking for a set of used aero wheels, power meter, and power crank (or should I go power pedals). Best bang for the buck??

Cody
Quote Reply
Re: New Member Question [ZooPak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the sport.

Yeah not the best year to start :)

Check out the SlowTwitch classifieds lots of gear available there.

Read DC Rainmakers site to make an informed decision on a power meter. But given that you have two bikes and are new to Tri. I would probably start with power based pedals. You may not end up there but they give you the flexibility to swap between road and TT bike. They also will transfer well if you learn after your fit that you bought the wrong sized bike.

I know what you meant but there is a product called PowerCranks. You can use the search function. They are not SlowTwitch approved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZooPak wrote:
looking for a set of used aero wheels, power meter, and power crank (or should I go power pedals). Best bang for the buck??

Cody

Try searching as there’s a thread on this somewhere on here (something like “just buy these products”)

If not....
Wheels-Flo or HED
Powermeter-Power2max or Favero Assioma, and also some lower-priced options that aren’t quite as commercially known
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: May 16, 20 21:50
Quote Reply
Re: New Member Question [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rotor INspider power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome along!

Honestly, best bang for the buck is getting fit properly on your tri bike. After that, probably a decent set of tyres, well fitting clothes, helmet. Wheels make the bike look much better though.

Only recommendation we'd have made if you came to us earlier would have been to get the fit before the bike, as different frame geometries and sizes favour different body shapes. But with a P3 you have a good chance of making it work if it is the right size.

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: New Member Question [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two quarq spiders Will probably be cheaper than most dual sided power meters. More reliable and will avoid the hassle of keeping swapping between bikes.

Coming from motorcycle racing you will likely find triathlon a bargain sport...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZooPak wrote:
Hey Guys,

New member here from NJ. Just wanted to say hi.

Pork Roll or Taylor Ham?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply