Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rouvy and Computrainer
Quote | Reply
I have enjoyed the Zwift / Computrainer setup, works great as a smart trainer.
I would like to check out Rouvy as well (for IM and HIM courses etc).
Does Rouvy play well with the Computrainer as a smart trainer?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [gabbiev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks folks. I have a CT as well and would really like to Zwift on it.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i use CT with Zwift. No issues and no extra add ons. works great.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [null-and-void] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to set up Computrainer with Perfpro to use Rouvy. I have a garmin ant stick plugged in. Perfpro recognizes it but says it must be in use by another application. Thoughts on what I need to do/change? I don't have racermate or anything else running. I have the computrainer unit on. The ant stick came with the garmin vector pedals. Thanks for any tips.
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [kmweath] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kmweath wrote:
I am trying to set up Computrainer with Perfpro to use Rouvy. I have a garmin ant stick plugged in. Perfpro recognizes it but says it must be in use by another application. Thoughts on what I need to do/change? I don't have racermate or anything else running. I have the computrainer unit on. The ant stick came with the garmin vector pedals. Thanks for any tips.

Verify that Garmin Express is not running in the background as it will be controlling the ANT+ stick.

https://perfprostudio.com/FAQs.aspx?F=50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need 2 ant+ sticks. One for the Garmin and one for Perfpro.
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [Mark57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark57 wrote:
You need 2 ant+ sticks. One for the Garmin and one for Perfpro.
this I have not tried Rouvy, but I use this with 2 ant + Sticks to run Ant+ FEC controllable program and it works fine. Drew has good info on the Perf Pro site about what you need but helps you out if you need info.
I have not tried Rouvy though so if it works for you please report back.
Last edited by: s5100e: Jul 28, 20 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, okay I'll try. I have another ant stick on the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I use Rouvy with the computrainer and Drew's bridge. 2 ant+ sticks. It works fine. The computrainer still lives!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG, Thank you that I've found someone! I'm a little confused about the setup. I have two ant sticks now. There seem to be some steps missing in the set up. The new ant stick paired with Perfprso. Do I pair the garmin ant stick with my 520 or my 935? Do I need Garmin express installed? This is an old computer (not the one I charge my 520 or 935 to). I think I'm getting close, but a little confused on the garmin part of this now, before I try the Rouvy connect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not certain how you re doing things, I have the two sticks on an extension hub so they are away from the computer, this sometimes causes radio interference. Then make certain that garmin connect is not running. What operating system are you running? When you start up PerfPro bridge make sure you add the computrainer which needs to be plugged into you computer via the USB connection. You will then see power etc on the PerfPro Bridge app. Once that is done PerfPro starts transmitting the Ant+ signal. Now in the Rouvy app you search for the Ant+ FEC trainer. the computrainer will just be generic. Click on that and it should start to control the trainer. That is all it should take.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay thanks, I will try what you wrote. When I watched DC Rainmakers video he had his wahoo element or could be garmin 520 pick it up also. That's why I was wondering if I needed to pair the 520 with the garmin ant stick? I have the computrainer usb cable/plug which is separate. Will fiddle with it a bit. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
i use CT with Zwift. No issues and no extra add ons. works great.

I have been able to get my CT working with Zwift only twice in the last couple of weeks. It just refuses to look at the COM ports. Very frustrating. Tech support for Zwift and CT appears to be very minimal, I guess the message is to buy a smarter trainer.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto. It worked with zwift until recently and then all sort of issues - drop outs, crazy high watts and the app needing to be launched several times before working. Catalina 'upgrade' didn't help matters (it actually made it worse).
I looked at the various work arounds incl perfpro .... but decided enough was enough and bought a kickr. The wires didn't bother me with the CT but it is nice to have a simple set up (that works a dream so far).
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [plhci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
General reply to this thread. How does the Ant+ stick communicate with my CT? For the last year after I started riding again after ~4 years hiatus, I just use it in erg mode and stopped using old CT programs through the head unit to computer when my serial to USB bridge died.

But interested in Zwift and Rouvy next winter. All this solo training and no racing was a bit much. Just 4 weeks ago started some distanced solo rides with one of my friends and forgot how enjoyable the social aspect was.
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy and Computrainer [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the computrainer will work natively with Zwift they will read inputs from it directly. However if you want to connect to pretty much any program that communicates with Ant+ FEC protocol then go here and get Perfro Pro CT Bridge : https://perfprostudio.com/CTSmart.aspx
this just works. You need 2 Ant sticks one to receive and one to broadcast as well it is good practice to have a USB extension to get the Ant+ sticks away from the computer but other than that it is pretty much no issue, it has worked for me perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I just buy the smart bridge (I assume this thing has serial on one side to plug into my actual hardware):

https://perfprostudio.com/Checkout2.aspx

and two Ant+ sticks, one that goes into this bridge and the other in my computer and then we're good to go?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks, I'm getting a little further. Sorry to keep asking you..I emailed the Perfpro guy but he hasn't responded yet. I can tell that Perfpro is connected as it says that on the perfpro screen and when I press a button on the computrainer control unit the perfpro screen blinks. I fired up Rouvy and selected others/Ant +FEC as you suggested. Then, Rouvy shows Available trainers and sensors and Manual Sensors. (it finds my garmin speed/cadence sensor and I have power pedals on the bike that is on the trainer and the two IDs shown in the attached file. I'm not quite connected though it looks like. Geez, I used to be a techy in my regular job and this makes me feel sub par. Thoughts on what to do next - if you please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the first thing to did you click on add trainer? If it is linked up and working you will see the power and speed change in step with the effort you are doing on the bike. I would say not to connect any other power meters this will screw things up. The sequence is normally, first get the perfpro ct bridge running and connected to your trainer, confirm it is working by spinning and looking at the perfpro display. Once this is confirmed the next thing is to go to the program and search for the ant+ FEC trainer., it will have the ant ID as seem on the perfpro CT screen upper right hand corner. Connect to that and you should have everything, do not connect anything else since you get cadence, speed and power all from the computrainer. If that does not work make certain that the CT bridge is the first thing you fire up always and make sure that garmin is not running in the background and interfering with your ant stick. Hope that helps? I have not tried Rouvy but I have had it work with Sufferfest, trainer road, and Xert player all connecting as ant+ FEC.

did you follow this: https://perfprostudio.com/....htm?page=Setup.html

Good luck, let us know if you get it to work.
Last edited by: s5100e: Aug 2, 20 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I did follow the instructions and think I have a bad usb port on that old computer. I moved things around and started over and I think I have it now. Rouvy seemed to think I was ready to ride, so we'll see. I might try some of the other apps to see how easy they connect as well. Thanks again. It did also connect to my 520.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, Rouvy works just fine - very stable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good news. The computrainer aka "The Tank" lives!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! Yes it does! I tested Zwift also. Rouvy has never bombed..Zwift sometimes does, but it could be my old computer. I just love the fact that with the computrainer I can load and ride any course that I have mapped out. I'll ride it until it dies!
Quote Reply