Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just got the news of re-opening at the HRCA rec centers -

June 8 – Pools will be open for lap swimming and aquatics programs only. 20 person capacity at each pool. One person per lane.

June 22 – Outdoor pools will be open BY RESERVATION ONLY - 50 person capacity at each pool (see information below for reservations and how to reserve a time slot).

Several new procedures are in place:
Only members are allowed to use our pools at this time – no guest passes will be available.
Temperature checks will be done on anyone entering the pool area
Mask use is encouraged on pool decks, not while in the pool
Maintain 6 feet of social distance
Lifeguards will not be required to wear masks while actively guarding the pools. They will wear masks when off the stand.
Restrooms and deck showers will remain open; however, no locker room usage will be available. Please arrive ready to swim and plan to shower at home.

Lap Swim and Aquatic Programs
No reservations are required, but there is a 20 person capacity at each pool. If you arrive and the pool is at maximum capacity you will be asked to wait outside the pool area.
Only one person is allowed per lane.

I'll get my reservations in for lanes, as soon as they open up the system ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  1. when you swim at pools locally do you have limitations in terms of people being able to enter the change rooms - locker rooms are open, every other locker is to be used, with no more than 4 people within a locker bay at a time.
  2. are there additional limitations on swimmers per lane during public swim before Covid19 broke out - doesn't seem to be
  3. are there additional cleaning measures in the change rooms? They say they are doing additional cleaning, and have modified hours to allow for more time to clean
  4. are teams able to practice and if they can, at full capacity or reduced - no idea
  5. are visits also time limited - don't seem to be
  6. are they conducting kids lessons - not sure
  7. are they conducting seniors aqua fit sessions - not sure
  8. do you need to show you are symptom free etc - no, but they have signs up asking if you don't feel well/sick to not enter the facility
  9. any additional rules that are new that did not exist previously worth noting?

Swam twice at my Lifetime Fitness that just opened this week. Once indoors and once outside. Rules above seem to be the same for each lap pool.

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸ PLUSH Global âš¡ï¸âš¡ï¸

Quote Reply
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YMCA, only 2 to a lane, drinking fountains and sauna are closed. Besides that, nothing has really changed. This is in a county that has 99.6% of people without the virus.
Quote Reply
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Where is your pool located?

Here in Ontario, Canada (Canada's largest province) in phase 2 re opening that starts on Friday the Provinical govt gave the go ahead to open pools. Pools are operated by either city or privately so now its up to the city to figure out. I believe they will gravitate towards what Swim Canada has put out (not like there are any virulogical experts there who know anything about airborne transmission or transmission via contact, but they have put out some guidelines, so the cities not knowing better will likely follow what they put out.)

Based on this thread, across the USA, there a wide range of what is going on, some of which falls in line with what USA swimming is saying other stuff that's very localized (its not like USA Swimming has a say in how a private pool operator works).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alberta announced today that pools/rec centers/gyms/team sports have been moved from phase three to phase two (phase two starts Friday). It will be interesting to see how things go. I swim at city facilities and the city is itching for cash, so here's hoping...
Quote Reply
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got an email from my city councillor (Ottawa Canada) saying that city staff laid off or redeployed are being called back to work on the phase 2 reopening. She did not explicitly state if pool staff are being called back, but that's about the easiest group to call back since universities are done and the students need work and there is wage subsidization for hiring students from the feds. So it should be almost free to keep pools open with student staff right now. I'll be interested to see what systems are in place, but totally OK with the "solo lane thing" (it kind of sounds like lane swim heaven).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some pools have opened in New Mexico today. Our local, small (6x25 meter lanes), indoor pool was one of the ones that opened.

- Max of six swimmers (along with the pool staff and lifeguards) in the building at once. Wear a mask while you're not actually swimming.
- They take your temperature and ask a few health related questions when you arrive.
- Wear your swim suit to the pool (under your street clothes for me and for anyone else that I saw there today).
- Walk through the locker room to get to the pool, then leave your street clothes and your towel on a chair placed at the end of your lane.
- One swimmer per lane (max of six total in the pool). Not a lot of swimmers here, so it's pretty nice.
- Dry off but leave your swim suit on when you're finished swimming, then leave through a door at the end of the pool that's next to the parking lot.

Swimming's not normally a real social activity for me (face down in the water and not talking to other people most of the time), but today seemed even more anti-social than normal. I did make sure to say hello and goodbye to the staff member taking my temperature and the lifeguard at the pool, but that was about the extent of my socializing today. Having a lane to myself was nice, but even that seemed a little strange.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our YMCA indoor pool opened on the 8th and we have lap swimming only 2 people to a lane max and only if both are comfortable with sharing.
North Canton, Ohio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our pool is signup only with slots spread out from 10m to 8pm. 50 folks total during family swims with designated 1:40 hour slots with the remaining 20 minutes for cleaning before the next 1:40 block starts. And each family is limited to 3 weekday and 1 weekend slot. And the seated areas are spread out, with all common items such as foosball tables removed, and diving boards out of play, thus allowing families to spread out more in this 6 lane 25 meter pool.

For lap swimming it is 6 slots for folks before the pool opens and 6 slots at the end of the day, again something you have to sign up for. I got two am slots from 9am to 9;45am last week and I swam last night from 8-8:45pm. Plus my next slot is Friday night at 8pm.
Quote Reply
Re: When Your Pools are Reopening What Procedures are Being Used ? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Alberta announced today that pools/rec centers/gyms/team sports have been moved from phase three to phase two (phase two starts Friday). It will be interesting to see how things go. I swim at city facilities and the city is itching for cash, so here's hoping...

Ugh - I spoke too soon. The press release from the city isn't very promising. Looking like July at best for things re-opening. <sad face>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My regular indoor pool is closed until September. I joined a lap swim program in a outdoor city pool that I had never swam at before and now have swam two weeks there. So far I’m very pleased. Eight lane 25 yd pool and today was the first day I noticed more than eight. People were sharing lanes today (looked like they knew the other person). No restrictions except limited to city residents only. On another note I’m pretty depressed with my times. I’m a good 10 seconds slower per 100 compared before the shutdown.
Quote Reply

Prev Next