Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ribble CGR SL [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Herbert wrote:
The question is - where is Ribble in 7 years? And who the F is Ribble?

Not 7 years yet, but in 7 months they now have a podium finish at the PTO World Championship

(couldn't help myself but bump this and give you a ribbing)

Holy old post Batman!

Either way, it is worth noting that the guy who wins the British TT championships rides the Ribble TTR rim brake TT bike. Dan Bigham, of Huub Wattbike fame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry that I never heard of that brand before, and I admit that was my fault. But also important noting - he ran into the podium in his ribble kit
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble CGR SL [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, yeah. I was looking at the bikes of some of the top guys and noticed Goodwin was on a Ribble. For some reason I remembered reading this thread a while back so I thought I would find it and have some fun

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Herbert wrote:
The question is - where is Ribble in 7 years? And who the F is Ribble?

Not 7 years yet, but in 7 months they now have a podium finish at the PTO World Championship

(couldn't help myself but bump this and give you a ribbing)

Ribble ? Well they've been around a lot longer than most American brands for starters... spesh, Trek, Cannoldale, Cervelo by 70 or 80 years.
In fact around for longer than most of modern America full stop.
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble CGR SL [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he was only 1:10 off the fastest bike and only lost the event by just over a minute. If only he hadn't been dragging that anchor of a bike around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well played, it was a particularly snotty comment.
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble CGR SL [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
During our lockdown I've been doing a lot of bike shopping.

My current bike is a 51cm Cervelo S1 that I've had for about 7 years. It's pretty low and and I tend to run a fair number of spacers to get where I like. What I'd really like to switch to is a do it all bike. Mostly road but with off road capability.

The object of my desire is ultimately a 3T Exploro, Open U.P. or Aspero but they just are not in my budget. I do see a number of other boutique type brands that look nice but are expensive.

The Ribble CGR SL is one bike I keep going back to. In 105 spec it is $1900.00 new. So what's the issue with Ribble? I don't see much online about the quality. That might be a good thing, if they had big quality issues I suspect it would be all over the net. I do all my own wrenching so an online order is not an issue for me.

On the surface, it seems to be one of the best values in a all road style bike.

Anyone here have a CGR? Maybe I'd be better off buying used and waiting on one of the other 3 bikes I listed?

I´ve got one and I´m super happy with it. Got three wheelsets. One on the picture 650b with 45mm slick tires for all round fast gravel, one 650b with 47mm off-road tires and one 700c with 28mm road tires. All set up tubeless. You won´t regret buying this one.
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble CGR SL [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a nice looking bike. I bet that wheel and tire combo is comfy on the road also?

I've still yet to buy a bike. At this point I'm holding out until spring to see what the supply looks like.
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble CGR SL [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
That is a nice looking bike. I bet that wheel and tire combo is comfy on the road also?

I've still yet to buy a bike. At this point I'm holding out until spring to see what the supply looks like.

Yes, it´s a Flo G650 wheelset with Panaracer Gravelking Slick tires. Works great on the road. I barely install the 700c wheels with 28mm tires since I barely feel the difference in speed and the comfort level is so high. Good luck with your purchase!
Quote Reply

Prev Next