Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zpro race #4
Quote | Reply
nothing posted? love lost? They should have not allowed tron bike or disc wheels for this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EniPJKuZFQU

it was cool lucy and reece got to go at the same time. I think that is better format to have men and women in the race
Quote Reply
Re: zpro race #4 [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why would they disallow bikes or wheels?

also, no Sanders? this series has exposed all sorts of issues with Zwift racing to a broader audience...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watching now. That pink lighting would drive me crazy.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
nothing posted? love lost? They should have not allowed tron bike or disc wheels for this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EniPJKuZFQU

it was cool lucy and reece got to go at the same time. I think that is better format to have men and women in the race

Respectfully disagree. For the women, the winner either becomes the last one dropped from the men's pack or someone with a male domestique (ex. if Reese would sacrifice his race to pace Lucy.....assuming there were no Yates bros. available for the task).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: zpro race #4 [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
titanflexr is right, combining categories is something they used to do quite a bit, and it unfairly affects the race. when i started in B category, the winner was always the B who could hang in the A pack the longest. now that most races have categories separated by a few minutes, it stops that from happening. not sure why did did this here, unless it was a mistake similar to having an open course for the women's london race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn’t watch today and it wasn’t because I chose not to. I would have watched it but I forgot. Guess that tells you all you need to know about interest dwindling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surprised this wasn't advertised like the others in the series, but maybe they decided that a 73k Fondo isn't that interesting to people.
IIRC didn't Lionel say they were having a week off (or he was having a week off from the series?)?
Sounds like they were trying to keep this race a bit more low key.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder how Reece would have run off that effort, haha. Watching him finish had me on the edge of my seat and pulling for him. My wife and I did fast forward through the middle but enjoyed the beginning and the last 12k. I can't imagine actual races having those power surges.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: zpro race #4 [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
Surprised this wasn't advertised like the others in the series, but maybe they decided that a 73k Fondo isn't that interesting to people.
IIRC didn't Lionel say they were having a week off (or he was having a week off from the series?)?
Sounds like they were trying to keep this race a bit more low key.

I think it was, supposed to be like week off. As Lionel said. From "real racing". It was more about doing something different and "have fun" type of race. That's why there was two starting times (morning and evening, here in europe) and in both of those there were 4 starting times as well (0, +3, +6 and +9 mins, most of the riders starting at +9min, wich was the "A" race). And of course as noticed, there was no live broadcast other than what racers posted themself like Lucy/Reece (and some other I suppose).

I guess next races will be more traditional, shorter races? Let's wait and see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jimmy Kershaw wins again! What does this guy have to do to get in the A race aside from being married to Lucy Charles. Lol.
Quote Reply
Re: zpro race #4 [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
why would they disallow bikes or wheels?

also, no Sanders? this series has exposed all sorts of issues with Zwift racing to a broader audience...

1. Differing equipment gives advantages to other riders. you know this. I want to see athletes race, not an arms race.

2. He just did mt lemmon KOM....
Quote Reply
Re: zpro race #4 [vanchize] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kershaw actually won both races yesterday - both the one starting 8 AM CEST and the one starting 8 PM CEST.

Results race 1 (the time on ZP is wrong (somhow they added about 10 minutes to everyones time)): https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=704725

Results race 2: https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=739819

Fun with the longer race for a change with a more controlled pace between the climbs (but maybe not so fun to watch live).

Instagram and Strava: @lpstormo
Last edited by: Stormo: May 7, 20 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think you understand Zwift very well if you’re complaining about bike selection in the game...

Should all pro triathletes have to ride the same bike during Kona?

Different bikes make such little difference. A mid-calibrated PM or lying about weight is going to have a much larger impact. It’s a video game. Let them race with whatever equipment they’ve acquired
Quote Reply
Re: zpro race #4 [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
I don’t think you understand Zwift very well if you’re complaining about bike selection in the game...

Should all pro triathletes have to ride the same bike during Kona?

Different bikes make such little difference. A mid-calibrated PM or lying about weight is going to have a much larger impact. It’s a video game. Let them race with whatever equipment they’ve acquired

yes.
Quote Reply