Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuits: Full sleeve or sleeveless?
Quote | Reply
Getting ready to buy my first wetsuit, thinking about the Roka Comp II. It comes in both full sleeve and sleeveless. Is there an advantage to having a full sleeve? Does it make you faster or just add warmth? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuits: Full sleeve or sleeveless? [SoonerBorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it fits right it's faster because there's less drag from the armholes.

It is also warmer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A full sleeve will be more buoyant and warmer, but sleeveless tend to be (in my experience) more comfortable. It also depends on where you're swimming and water temperature. I live in SoCal and I have both sleeveless and full. I use the full suit for maybe a few months out of the year because I prefer the freedom of sleeveless and don't really mind colder water temperatures. I'd say it really is mostly personal preference but if you were only getting one I'd say full, but that is just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using one for past 10 years at elite level. Full sleeve faster and warmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerBorn wrote:
Getting ready to buy my first wetsuit, thinking about the Roka Comp II. It comes in both full sleeve and sleeveless. Is there an advantage to having a full sleeve? Does it make you faster or just add warmth? Thanks.

Don't even think about it. Full sleeve or bust. I have that exact suit and ows 1h46 Sunday. No shoulder or arm fatigue and feel great today. The neoprene is uber thin, but durable in the shoulders and arms. It's like night and day to my old Xterra Vortex. I felt like I could go 8 hours in it. I'm actually thinking about it now it's so comfy.
Quote Reply