Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crankset compatibility confusion
Quote | Reply
Hey,

I have a 2012 Felt DA4 with a vision trimax compact tt bb30 crankset. I want to install a 4iiii power meter on the crank but I have no idea if it is compatible. Here's the link to the 4iiii website with the list of compatible cranks. Can someone let me know if my crankset is compatible?

https://shop-canada.4iiii.com/...tory-install#details
Last edited by: manueljt: May 4, 20 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: Crankset compatibility confusion [manueljt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were you, I would call or email 4iiii to confirm.

They do not list your crankset in their list of supported cranks for their factory install. So, the quick answer is no, your Vision Trimax BB30 crankset is not compatible.
Quote Reply
Re: Crankset compatibility confusion [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that seems like the best thing to do before buying anything. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it turns out that your current crank is not compatible, you are kind of in blue sky mode. What are your key power meter criteria and budget? There might be something else in the same price & performance range to consider.
Quote Reply
Re: Crankset compatibility confusion [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much anywhere that's not on the wheelhub, in terms of location. Otherwise something ideally not more than 600$CAD, i've been keeping an eye out on fb marketplace and kijiji but so far no luck. I don't mind left side only considering the budget
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That crankset was the first thing I got rid of on my 2012 DA4.

While I think the FSA Energy crank might actually fit on the spindle, it's a BB386 so the crank would hit the left chainstay.
Quote Reply
Re: Crankset compatibility confusion [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What upgrades did you add to it? So far i've changed the saddle to an adamo timetrial but apart from that i'm looking into other possible upgrades
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bars to a Prosvet basebar and Vision aerobars (although the OEM bars are really good)
Crank to a P2M Rotor 3d+ (it's not what I would choose now but it was a good choice at the time)
Brake levers to Dura Ace (the Felt Brake levers were absolutely horrible)
Saddle is personal preference, I use a Classic Arione Road saddle.
Shifters to Dura Ace bar end.
Quote Reply