Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: May I Fish? Thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow! glad everyone is ok. Sounds like quite the adventure and quite the workout.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: May I Fish? Thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another 1.2k today in not so glassy conditions.
I am going to relent & buy a neoprene hat tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: May I Fish? Thread [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today was 21 days since I started swimming again. I did exactly 35k in that time spread over 11 swims.

Nothing exciting yet. I did 18 x 50s on :50 and averaged right around :34.0 Too bad I am swimming in yards as I could have done that set in meters 4 years ago.

I have a goal to do 15 x 100s on 1:20 all under 1:10 on June 28th.

One of the best (probably the best) 10U swimmer in the country has joined my sons club team. They are doing some crazy ass sets for their age. My 9 yr old Avgd 1:16 for a set of 100s back yesterday, the phenom was about a second faster than that (but backstroke is his “worst” stroke).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This morning, although misting, was near perfect with mild surf, no chop and 64 deg. No strong current, like yesterday, but probably because we swam out of Shaw's Cove rather than Strands. I have resurrected my old Huub wetsuit after gluing a new strip of Velcro for the closure. This suit is ratty, though, I bought it used from Huub. It was a demo suit. It started to self destruct after a couple swims with nylon stretch patches delaminating from the neoprene and tearing. I've spent a few sessions gluing it all back together, but it's a fragile suit. I'll wear it until it blows out diving through surf, or whatever.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: May I Fish? Thread [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
One of the best (probably the best) 10U swimmer in the country has joined my sons club team. They are doing some crazy ass sets for their age. My 9 yr old Avgd 1:16 for a set of 100s back yesterday, the phenom was about a second faster than that (but backstroke is his “worst” stroke).

Super cool on many accounts.

10.5 mi run 1:37:27, 500m swim to cool off

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh Boy...did 2.2k in the bay this morning, and am officially starting to feel the cold...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6.8 mi run, 500m swim

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
6.8 mi run, 500m swim

2.2k in the bay, with neoprene cap. Made a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started off May good, ended poorly due to work overload. Still, 23.8 km in total and a new PB for monthly distance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next