Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
RallySavage wrote:
Lionel is without a doubt the most inspirational triathlete on social media right now. I can only wish we had as much access to the other top tier triathletes training regimes. Despite the pandemic lockdown and the elimination of races, he continues to produce compelling content. Nothing in the endurance sport YouTube genre videos come close.

No doubt that is a wonderful video but I disagree with your comment about most inspirational.

Jan Frodeno doing a crazy at home Ironman raising €250k for Girona healthcare workers and Emma Jeffcoat going back to work as a nurse to support the Coronavirus effort are inspirational.

And yes I expect to get slated because ST has an irrational “love in” about LS

The charity is great and all, but I could care less about an at home Ironman.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
The charity is great and all, but I could care less about an at home Ironman.

Agreed. A strava "competition" is fun to follow; a stay at home ironman not so much.

I thought the group of Belgian pros all agreeing to smash the same segment during their solo training rides made for a fun and safe competition during covid, similar to this Lionel, Long, Gaiman Mt Lemmon affair, but Belgian Cycling Fed apparently is taking management tips from the NFL (No-Fun-League).

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/...te-time-trial-454939
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic video!!

And Lionel is a beast

Over a minute faster!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What headphones is he wearing?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An awesome ride by Lionel, in that heat we could have had a Kentucky fried Colonel.
I'm surprised Lionel didn't use a helmet with larger vents as the one he was wearing looked like a real brain cooker to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a video of some of the studs going head2 head for KOM's? Just duals
Sam Long vs Lionel
Hoff vs TO
Rinny vs HJ

just to name a few. I know probably wishful thinking but the Paula Findlay vs HJ up Mt Lemmon was cool. Some way to get sponsors involved. Just a excited triathlete here living vicariously through the studs of our sport.

Keep up the videos they are awesome
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
RallySavage wrote:
Lionel is without a doubt the most inspirational triathlete on social media right now. I can only wish we had as much access to the other top tier triathletes training regimes. Despite the pandemic lockdown and the elimination of races, he continues to produce compelling content. Nothing in the endurance sport YouTube genre videos come close.

No doubt that is a wonderful video but I disagree with your comment about most inspirational.

Jan Frodeno doing a crazy at home Ironman raising €250k for Girona healthcare workers and Emma Jeffcoat going back to work as a nurse to support the Coronavirus effort are inspirational.

And yes I expect to get slated because ST has an irrational “love in” about LS

Emma Jeffcoat is inspirational for sure. Jan doing a hard training session in his house is most definitely not inspirational.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m pretty sure it’s these.

https://aftershokz.com/...zEAAYASAAEgL4x_D_BwE
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [photoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
photoguy wrote:
Great work as always. Were you there shooting it? I thought you mentioned Erin shot it but then I saw the great drone footage as well. Just curious? Also great job on the Watopia photo shoot!

I wondered the same thing. Maybe Erin is all set up now!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RallySavage wrote:

Very much agree but it is not only Lionel because we should not forget talbotcox who puts Lionel into focus.

Lionel is not only entertaining but his somewhat slow canadian is very easy to understand for me as a Dutchman.
Cannot avoid to count in the videos his "Anyways", came to "two" this time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those in the know for both professional (TdF level) cycling and pro triathlete power numbers, where does Lionel sit? I realize he raced many notable pros on Zwift a few weeks ago and he was impressive, but I am guessing the pros did not know who he was and were calculating he would not be a threat. That said, Lionel held 387 watts for well over an hour and that seems incredible for a triathlete. What do you think a rider like Lance could have held for power up this climb going full out?

Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
For those in the know for both professional (TdF level) cycling and pro triathlete power numbers, where does Lionel sit? I realize he raced many notable pros on Zwift a few weeks ago and he was impressive, but I am guessing the pros did not know who he was and were calculating he would not be a threat. That said, Lionel held 387 watts for well over an hour and that seems incredible for a triathlete. What do you think a rider like Lance could have held for power up this climb going full out?

A clean Lance or a Lance fueled by EPO?
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both out of interest

Quote | Reply
It's not the greatest comparison, but Wiggins' hour record was supposedly 440w. I think finding a direct comparison for that length of time would be hard, since it's rare that pro cyclists ever ride climbs like a full on TT.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AJHull wrote:
Both out of interest

I recall Armstrong saying you needed to be able to produce 7 watts per Kg during the TdF to be able to win it. I think that metric was for what he wanted to generate during the final hour of the hardest stages. Of course, this was during a very fast time for cycling.

These articles mention it, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/...more-than-human.html

https://www.bicycling.com/...-questions-answered/

I saw Sanders weigh himself on one of his videos. I can’t recall it, but thought it was around 70Kg. So, he would have to produce a lot more power to be at 7 watts per Kg, at the end of a tour stage during the early 2000s.

Supposedly Lemond was about 5.7 watts per Kg during the final hour of hard Tour Stages in the 1980s, and he was typically crushing it.
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: May 5, 20 21:39
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer99 wrote:
AJHull wrote:
Both out of interest

I recall Armstrong saying you needed to be able to produce 7 watts per Kg during the TdF to be able to win it. I think that metric was for what he wanted to generate during the final hour of the hardest stages. Of course, this was during a very fast time for cycling.

These articles mention it, too.

https://www.nytimes.com/...more-than-human.html

https://www.bicycling.com/...-questions-answered/

I saw Sanders weigh himself on one of his videos. I can’t recall it, but thought it was around 70Kg. So, he would have to produce a lot more power to be at 7 watts per Kg, at the end of a tour stage during the early 2000s.

Supposedly Lemond was about 5.7 watts per Kg during the final hour of hard Tour Stages in the 1980s, and he was typically crushing it.

Anything over 6.3 - 6.4 is considered a red flag for a "no chain" ride, as Armstrong/Hincapie would describe it colloquially.

At end of latest video Sanders goes through some hoops to normalize his power for the temperature and elevation of his Mt Lemmon effort, and comes to conclusion it is 5.7 w/kg for the 75 minutes.

Sanders isn't going to win any Grand Tours, but his numbers are certainly strong. And, lost in all this is that Phil Gaimon is now 5 minutes down a strava leaderboard, and Gaimon is no slouch and his strava KOMs are not incidental KOMs he just happened to get while on a leisurely century ride. He hunts them down to take dopers off the leaderboard, in Mt. Lemmon's case Tom Danielson.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contador posted some of his power data on the gram a while back from his peak. He did a 20 minute test of 458 watts at 61.5 kgs

https://road.cc/...-france-winning-days
Last edited by: USCoregonian: May 6, 20 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding Lance Armstrong, I remember reading somewhere that Michele Ferrari thought 6.7 watts per kg was the magic number so I would think Lance's power would be somewhere around there. For LS weighing 70kgs that is 469 watts...

*Edit: Spelling
Last edited by: Passmore007: May 6, 20 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: Lionels Final Mount Lemmon KOM Attempt [Passmore007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha yes I read that too. 6.7watts/kg was the magic number to win the tour and a 49.9 hematocrit level:)
Last edited by: rideupgrades: May 6, 20 18:07
Quote Reply

Prev Next