Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

help needed for 10-minute research survey about training/Strava
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Do you use Strava to record your exercise activities?

If so, we’d greatly appreciate your help! An honours student and I are conducting a short on-line survey; it takes about 10 minutes of your time. In the survey, we ask several questions about your attitudes about exercise and a few other things (that may ultimately assist in understanding factors that influence training). We also ask for your public Strava ID/profile. We ask for the Strava ID so we can link your survey responses with your exercise data. We hope to gather data from 200 or more people, and your name/Strava ID and other responses will be treated in complete confidentiality. Our research is aimed at examining correlations between variables over 200+ people. My honours student will not be able to complete his honours research project without your help, especially during this coronavirus pandemic. The study has been approved by the ethics committee at UNSW.

Thanks for your time. Please share this letter/link with others who might help us.

If you are interested in participating in our research, please click this link:
https://unswpsy.au1.qualtrics.com/...m/SV_d7hTu0RAfHv6IS1

We will be happy to share the results of our research with you once we have completed the research.

Sincerely,
Eddie Harmon-Jones
Professor of Psychology
The University of New South Wales
Last edited by: eddiehj: May 2, 20 16:23
Quote Reply
Re: help needed for 10-minute research survey about training/Strava [eddiehj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started the survey, but it seems like it's asking the same questions over and over and over and over again. So I gave up.

You might want to consider trimming the questions
Quote Reply
Re: help needed for 10-minute research survey about training/Strava [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: help needed for 10-minute research survey about training/Strava [eddiehj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likewise, there's no indication of how many questions or pages are left in the survey. It seems *really* long.

Also, there are a lot of questions that don't seem to have any direct tie to exercise.

I stopped after 5 or 6 pages.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took me longer to find my strava ID than it did to do the survey. I couldn’t find it from I app and honestly don’t think the instructions were accurate, but probably I’m an idiot :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done and done! I think it was well constructed - I have some experience in designing and analyzing survey results. I hope you get a proper sample size and can share the results!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it, but man that was a weird survey... same questions over and over, and pretty much nothing about athletics. When I was done it was like, what the hell was that?

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: help needed for 10-minute research survey about training/Strava [barrec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much!
Quote Reply
Re: help needed for 10-minute research survey about training/Strava [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for trying, and thanks for the feedback. I double checked and it seems that how you find the ID in the app depends on which version of the ap being used. I amended the instruction to add the option of just providing your name (that you use in Strabane).
Quote Reply