Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: power meter recommendation [cowboy7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowboy7 wrote:
jksu2000 wrote:
although no double sided metrics, the cheapest way to get power on the road is probably picking up an old powertap rear wheel. i used one years ago and it was solid. gave it away when the kids were born and i was out of tris/cycling. for $200-300 on ebay/classifieds, you'll get reliable power and a wheel to thrash/train on.

but yeah, if your budget's a little higher, the "just works" assiomas seem to be the ticket. easily to install/swap to other bikes, no batteries/battery covers to shake loose/break, consistent/reliable data, you can tweak the power reading to square up with your smart trainer via the app, etc. a bit of pain to switch my spd-sl cleats to the assioma/look cleats, but it's a one time 10-15min +/- an adjustment or 2.

i just bought a set from a STer here. can't wait to pair them up with the "just works" wahoo bolt when they arrive next week :-)

Had did you find the change to Look cleats ?

Are they very different to Shimano SPD-SLs ?

I didn't find the move from shimano to look cleats very difficult. the shimano platform seems to be a bit larger, but once I got the cleats set, i didn't have any regrets. that said, if Favero offered a shimano cleat pm, I would have gone that way, but the change was a small price to pay for an awesome pm.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: power meter recommendation [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:
1Wavemaker wrote:
There is only one Quarq.

Forgive me for being slow here, but I don't get what you are implying?

That's strange :)

Ok, go ahead and mansplain it to me.

Is it "there is only one, quarq", meaning there is only one PM to behold and it is quarq?

Is it "there is only one quaorq?" but the "?" was left off?

My brain is apparently not functioning this AM so help!
Quote Reply
Re: power meter recommendation [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
jaretj wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:
1Wavemaker wrote:
There is only one Quarq.

Is it "there is only one, quarq", meaning there is only one PM to behold and it is quarq?

psst... it's a physics joke....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
jaretj wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:
1Wavemaker wrote:
There is only one Quarq.

Well, I was going for subatomic particles while Jason was going for the Star Trek reference.

I think Wavemaker was saying that the best option is Quarq
Quote Reply
Re: power meter recommendation [runner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runner66 wrote:
I currently have the P1 pedals, single sided, on my tri bike which is on the trainer 24/7. I am looking to get a PM for my road bike and was just going to get another set of the P1 pedals since they have worked really well for me with zero issues. But the ability to charge the battery on the Assiomas sounds like a big upgrade over having to install a Lithium battery and then not knowing when it will die and have to be replaced.

I assume from the thread discussion that the Assioma battery can be charged by a USB?
I had dual-sided P1 pedals before my Assioma pedals. The Assiomas are eons ahead of the P1. Yes, they charge via standard USB (using the proprietary Assioma cable). They seem to last forever on a charge. I typically ride around 5 hours/week, and that would officially translate to about 10 weeks of riding between charges, according to the 50 hour official battery life. That is probably about right, since I cannot remember the last time I charged.

Also, I think the Assiomas are a little easier to clip in than the P1 pedals.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: power meter recommendation [runner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, global supply is pretty much halted. I have been switching mine between my road bike and Tri bike regularly. I have been riding my road bike a lot more recently, and almost bought a second set just to eliminate the little bit of hassle. But, I punted when I saw that shipping is an unknown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My two cents Quarq makes the best most reliable and there prices havee come down. They are bullet proof! The only other one I would consider is SRM.
Quote Reply
Re: power meter recommendation [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:
jaretj wrote:
EyeRunMD wrote:
1Wavemaker wrote:
There is only one Quarq.

psst... it's a physics joke....

Ha, thanks. I should've guessed at that since physics was one of my favorite subjects. My brain did not want to expand beyond the realm of bikes this AM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think this exchange here has reached peak-slowtwitch.

We can just close down the forum and move on with our lives now.
Quote Reply
Re: power meter recommendation [1Wavemaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding Quarq pricing along with powermeter price trends:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...-certain-models.html

Brett Z

“Livin’ in a van down by the river”
Quote Reply
Re: power meter recommendation [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
62 answers in 8 days: power meters are a popular subject to discuss about. Although you can be different opinion whether you really need them. I still do not have them, although I do spend money for speed.
I thought about power2max, because I have Rotor cranks, but it is kind of a hassle to mount and it costs money. I also do not have the feeling I NEED it. I do not think that power would benefit me addition to HF and Perceived Exertion.

That said, if I WOULD get a PM, I would not get a pedal based system, because I like my speedplays at the moment and I would be urged to use look keo. Since I walk in transition zones this would not be an option. If you're ok with look keo however, it seems that Favero Assioma is the thing to get by far.

To see left/right difference, what do you do with that information? Try to push more with one leg and less with another one? I wonder if you benefit from that. It is probably better to not see that information.
Quote Reply

Prev Next