Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan/Monty - Still have some available?

Does anyone have any pictures of what/how to pack a bike using this case? I've never flown with a bike but have two destination races this year (hopefully) and am a bit nervous about it. If it helps, traveling with a 2020 P3.
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [JMosey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JMosey wrote:
Dan/Monty - Still have some available?

Does anyone have any pictures of what/how to pack a bike using this case? I've never flown with a bike but have two destination races this year (hopefully) and am a bit nervous about it. If it helps, traveling with a 2020 P3.

we've still got some. we've sold through a lot, but we're not done yet. what size P3?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Dan, forgot to include that! 56 and just one set of wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should be fine, and I'm sending cases out most days here now too. Taking 4 to 5 days across the east coast, much sooner the closer you get to CA. So far everyone that has gotten them is quite happy, pretty much get most your money back on the first free flight you take. This is the case too, and you can even get in a few extra goodies to stay under that 50lb barrier for free flying too!!
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good Monty... how do I go about buying one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Send me a PM with your address to montyman007@hotmail.com and I can give you PayPal instructions. As soon as the funds arrive I will generate a shipping label for you and it is off to the races for you!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Monty! Email sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still got some of these cases folks, airline travel is not that far away it seems now...
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [1triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Monty,
Just saw in today’s Dan’s post that you still have these cases. Please sign me up for one and instruct how to pay. You can reply directly to my email as well: chas@BatAndCat.com
Thanks a lot to both Dan and you.
Chas
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [BatAndCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send me your address to montyman007@hotmail.com. I can then give you a shipping price, and we are usually doing PayPal for the payments. Got several left too folks, so get them while they are hot!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty,

Any left?

Thx,
Mick

monty wrote:
Still got some of these cases folks, airline travel is not that far away it seems now...
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [BrickMick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still got some, but now that planes are flying and races are happening, pace is picking up on sales. If anyone is interested, don't wait too long, and email me at montyman007@hotmail.com.

I will be out of town for over a week on spring break with the kiddos, but you can put your orders in and I will ship them all out the day I get back. Still 2 to 4 days to most places in the country, FEDX is really good with these..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any bike boxes still for sale?
I acquired a Hen House to transport my 58cm P2 to IMFL, but now I read that the new airlines rules are for hard shell cases only. Is that true?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [horn_blower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently there is some hard case rule now with some airlines(maybe all) to get the free flight(as regular baggage)

And yes, I do have some of these cases left, shipping some about every other day right now. If interested send me an email to montyman007@hotmail.com and we can get you sorted out..
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [Doctor_J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monty,

Do you still have any of these?

Thanks,
Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [BJones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any left? Where are the wheels located on the box?

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any left? I'm interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MCSLC wrote:
Any left? Where are the wheels located on the box?

Here's a pic of my 2009 Trek TTX 9.5 packed for the return trip from St George 70.3 WC. Fairly smooth to pack and unpack overall. TSA inspected bike both trips, everything was in order after. Used a moving blanket from Wal-Mart and some left-over foam packing sheets that I collected from other stuff that was shipped to me over the last month.

Note that shipping blanket and the foam packing sheets were removed so the bike's take-down work was visible. Even though it is hard-sided, I did unbolt the rear derailleur and also cut front and rear braces out of 1/2" PVC to lock between front fork and rear stays using the QR skewers.

Also, can confirm that American Airlines only charged me regular checked baggage fees for the bike box both ways.

Would buy again!
Last edited by: mrfreeze: Nov 4, 21 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: Hard Shell Bike Travel Case Closout [Kazpilot25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kazpilot25 wrote:
Any left? I'm interested.

long gone! but i met with the folks from this company that makes these cases at sea otter last month and i'm talking to them about what cases will be available, when, where, and i'll have some news on this pretty soon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested as well. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on new bike boxes? I have two trips in 2022 that require flights. I have an ancient Crateworks box that seems fine - but the linear dimensions are 11 x 32 x 45", so 88", which is larger than the maximum linear dimension for Southwest, even with extra fee (80 linear inches for $75). That seems odd b/c I've flown bikes in the box many times, including internationally, without a problem. Have airlines reduced the maximum size over time?

In any case, it looks as if I'm in the market for a flying-compliant case...
Quote Reply

Prev Next