Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [joelrivera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that the Small size frame comes with a 165mm crankset, but you will probably want to get a crankset with 150mm or 155mm arms.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does any one knows the BB this bike have?
On the page I can see Praxis PF30-Shimano Conversion, but i am not shure what that means...

Im trying to decide between pedal pm (assioma) or spider pm (p2m).
If i go with p2m i need to know the spindle size so I can order the right cranks!

thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [joelrivera] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a press fit PF30 bottom bracket.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sommer wrote:
It's a press fit PF30 bottom bracket.

So the conversion part is the adapter to use shimano sized spindles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea what the conversion part is. But that makes sense. The part is sold through Diamondback? I'm not sure why you'd a conversion kit unless you already owned a crank based power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So according the spec sheet the bike comes with the "shimano conversion" which i take it as an adapter to go from 30 to 24.
Apparently praxis sell different conversions for different cranks that can be used on their BB.

If I am not mistaken shimano uses 24?
So if i get a p2m i would need a 24mm spindle crank?

Am i understanding this correctly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What crank arm length are you going to use?
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was planning to use 165s...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
165mm is a little long for your height.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting...
Always thought that 165 "the right size" for me.

Where can i find what size will work better for me.
A good reliable source that you trust. I am afraid to go into a google rabbit hole of opposite opinion of the subject~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crank arm length is part of an entire fit process, but as I mentioned before, you will probably find that 150mm or 155mm will work the best.
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Mar 25, 21 8:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cool!

Who makes short cranks like that?

I have never seen any big retail offering 150 or 155s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Andean frame is built to the PF30 standard. Shimano equipped complete bikes come with a Praxis bottom bracket installed that works with the Shimano 24mm spindle standard.

Any crank that you later install that utilizes a different spindle standard will require installation of a different bottom bracket.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I were you and had an Andean frameset, I would buy a Pressfit 30 bottom bracket and a Rotor Aldhu (30mm axle) crankset in 150mm with an INspider power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I own a Diamondback Andean - size L purchased back in 2017.

Unfortunately, I seem to have over-tightened and cracked the seatpost and it's starting to creak more and more each time I re-seat the seatpost...

I contacted Diamondback but they told me the replacement seatpost is no longer available.

Could someone suggest what options I may have? Are there generic seatposts on the market that would fit the Andean frame?

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [Chabi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carbon repair should be easily possible by adding material on the inside
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in need of a new seatpost saddle clamp adapter. The part that sits on top of the Andean seatpost and connects the saddle clamp to the bike. I know the saddle clamp hardware is made by Ritchey and is based on the 10mm thru-rail standard (used by many frame manufacturers). That part is very easy to find. My question is who makes the part that sits on top of the seatpost? Ritchey? It seems to make sense, but I can't seem to find a replacement one. Or even a mention of one. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Diamondback Andean Questions (you'll see why this thread is topical) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the recommended torque for tightening the fork 'compression' bolt? I'm referring to the thick bolt that threads through the loose nut within the steerer tube. I purchased a used Andean and the handlebars were removed from the fork to enable more compact shipping. The manual mentions the torque for the top cap bolt (5Nm) which threads into the compression bolt, but not the torque recommendation for the latter. I am unsure how much to tighten that bolt and don't want to over or under tighten it. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next