Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Sarah True is still not in on the PTO, despite her commenting on one of her Instagram posts that she would love to race Daytona.

One side or both sides holding a grudge or have a chip on their shoulder because surely she is one of the top 10 if not 5 women in the long course world?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve, I think you make good points on the ability to get permitting. I would extend that variability to different governmental bodies.

For example, Indiana seems to be much more “open” than Michigan for racing. The Michigan races I did all had hard caps and fairly specific protocols in place. I think by September the Indiana races were uncapped. Still some COVID protocols, but not to the level of Michigan.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
cloy wrote:
You don't think a Lionel or a potential Sam Long puts time into the guys first out of the water?

Lol no. Like them both. But they lose contact 200m into the swim and never see the front of the race again.

This field is far too loaded. They'll both lose at least 2-3' on the swim and that pack will be flying on the bike. Plenty of better runners in the field too.

This is a Challenge family race so a 20 meter draft zone if I am not mistaken, so this will not be an ITU style huge bike pack with the front pack swimmers. And the 20 meter draft zone is much bigger than Kona so don't see the benefit of a group dynamic, unless I am mistaken????
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [DinoBoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DinoBoss wrote:
I see Sarah True is still not in on the PTO, despite her commenting on one of her Instagram posts that she would love to race Daytona.

One side or both sides holding a grudge or have a chip on their shoulder because surely she is one of the top 10 if not 5 women in the long course world?

The PTO as currently funded is not an athlete's Union, the "members" are not funding it. Michael Moritz gave them some cash, but they likely burn through that shortly. Also, as part of the "membership" they make you put their logo on your kit and you don't get remunerated for that.

For me...like why is Sam Long and Gustav Iden a wild card selection? They should have gotten invites anyways. And uh, why are there even "wild cards"?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More wildcards announced: https://protriathletes.org/...ldcard-announcement/

Jonny Brownlee
Lisa Norden
Henri Schoeman
Angela Naeth
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the prize for 1st male and female?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think I’ve ever seen Vincent Luis or J Brownlee on a TT bike. Do they even own one?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If everyone shows up this will be an incredible race.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would bet you $1,000 this race happens. And yes they will all get into the country they all have been sent a special form to fill out. Them and 1 additional person from DHS.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I would bet you $1,000 this race happens. And yes they will all get into the country they all have been sent a special form to fill out. Them and 1 additional person from DHS.

I won’t argue that this race happens or not. Though one thing that no one is talking about is the unpredictable weather we can have in florida in December. Don’t be surprised if that’s a factor like it was a few years ago. Would hate to see so many great athletes travel all that way for the race to be significantly altered.

Glad to hear the international travel won’t be an issue. Hopefully that doesn’t change between now and the race.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [DinoBoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She didn’t exactly finish many races in 2019... a 2nd at tremblant and a 6th at Oceanside in ‘19. 2nd at Campeche right before Covid shutdowns this spring.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
For me...like why is Sam Long and Gustav Iden a wild card selection? They should have gotten invites anyways. And uh, why are there even "wild cards"?

Only the top-40 are invited directly, and neither Sam Long or Gustav Iden are ranked top-40. The ranking is based on the 4 best results ("best" based on their formula) from the last 2 years. Here is an explanation of the ranking: https://protriathletes.org/.../#rankings-explainer
Last edited by: slow_bob: Oct 17, 20 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [slow_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fourth Picks: Sam Long, Magnus Ditlev, Renee Kiley and Danielle Dingman.

Super stoked to see Sam get in. Renee Kiley is a newcomer, but I really love her story. I follow Magnus on IG, and don't know too much about him, but some of the numbers he posts are incredibly impressive.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona and PTO $1,000,000 [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
I dont think I’ve ever seen Vincent Luis or J Brownlee on a TT bike. Do they even own one?

Johnny has an older picture on IG from the Beijing International. I assume it is a Plasma. Vincent has a recent IG pic where he’s getting a new Shiv.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next