Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If the race you defered to gets cancelled, do you get to defer again?
Quote | Reply
I GOT THE BELOW EMAIL FROM ACTIVE. COULD DEFER TO 2021 AS I WOULD WAGER THE OCTOBER RACES WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Congratulations! You are now ready to register for 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 North Carolina, which will be held in Wilmington, North Carolina on October 17th, 2020. Please use the link at the bottom of the page to register for the race. Please note, upon completion of your registration, you are not eligible for a refund, transfer, or deferral should you be unable to compete on October 17th, 2020.

If you purchased a FinisherPix package or medal engraving during your original race registration, there is no need to repurchase, as we will automatically transfer those items for you. Any merchandise purchased with your original race registration will still be sent to you. If you have any questions specific to merchandise, please reach out to orders@ironmanstore.com.

If you purchased a one-day USAT license with your original race registration, you will be required to re-purchase a one-day USAT license while completing the below registration link. Your original one-day USAT license purchase will be refunded to you by Active.

If you have any issues or difficulty registering, please contact northcarolina70.3@ironman.com. Thank you and safe training!

Sign up between: 12:00 a.m. EDT, April 27, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. EDT, May 18, 2020

Your registration link

This invitation is only for john hessian, and can't be transferred.

We look forward to seeing you at the event!
Quote Reply
Re: If the race you defered to gets cancelled, do you get to defer again? [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no real information other than I read that as in you forfeit your deferral or refund options had you originally registered for that race. IM absolutely intends to hold that race at this time whether you or anyone else believes it will happen or not. These rules are under that play list.

If the situation in August / September dictates that the race be cancelled, I hope IM will offer all registered athletes some sort of deferral or transfer option. No hard information here, but it feels like they would.
Quote Reply
Re: If the race you defered to gets cancelled, do you get to defer again? [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had this same question, especially with them offering September races as deferral options. Would be nice to have some clarification.
Quote Reply