Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S3 or??
Quote | Reply
I need to buy a larger road bike, riding a 56, need a 58. Looking at a S3, anything else I should be shopping for? Trying to stay in the $3k range.

Thanks for your input!
Quote Reply
Re: S3 or?? [M&M Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canyon Aeroad CF SL 7.0 or Canyon Ultimate CF SL 8.0 (rim or disc brake).

It's hard to beat Canyon's pricing.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are targeting an aero road bike, then any of the major brands are functionally equivalent. Each has its own brand spin on the frame design, but at that level, they are super close. Then, the only other major differences are component mix.

Most bikes in the low $3K range will have 105 or Ultegra mechanical. The S3 is $4K and Ultegra Di2. Is Di2 a priority for you? Also, have you thought about disc brakes versus rim brakes?

These are the quick pick aero road bikes...
  • Trek Madone
  • Specialized Venge
  • Cannondale SystemSix
  • Giant Propel
  • Argon 18 Nitrogen
  • Canyon Aeroad
  • Scott Foil
  • BMC Timemachine 01

Quote Reply
Re: S3 or?? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, will check into those brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd also look into the Allez Sprint disc. You can get a complete 105 bike with hydro disc for $2200 retail. It's as aero as the original Venge. It can fit pretty huge tires (like 35c or so). The geometry is long and low, so not sure if that will work for you or not.

You can also get a Cannondale Supersix Evo disc in your price range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're thinking you might be interested in dabbling into gravel and/or disc brakes have a look at an Aspero.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Found a good deal on a 2018 S3, showed up yesterday.... man o' man, what a beautiful bike, spoiled myself...… the old TT bike is going to develop some dust over the next year.....
Quote Reply