Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any tips to stop slipping forward on TT saddle
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have been struggling for a long time with sliding forward on my saddle to a point its driving me mad and I feel like everytime I'm putting power down and getting into a rhythm I had to shift back. I've been swapping between and Adamo Attack and Fizik Ares (with the grip patch). Bike has to be within UCI regs.
Would be great to hear any tips or tricks any of you have learned.
Thanks
Last edited by: CMCD: Apr 26, 20 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Any tips to stop slipping forward on TT saddle [CMCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try tipping it back a couple degrees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could add a bit of skateboard grip tap on top of it, helps with 'sticking' to the saddle. But fair warning it will rip up your bib shorts/tri suit a bit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Better bike fit

Tip the bars back a bit

Tip the saddle back a bit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sliding forward or creeping forward? A lot of people have a natural tendency to creep forward on the saddle as they increase power output. That's where the expression "on the rivet" comes from. That said, I also have a tendency to slide forward a bit, and I've found that having a slight tilt on my aerobar extensions solves that for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually means my seat is a touch high. Drop the seat, tilt the saddle back just a bit. Either add tilt to the bars, or use extensions you can grab and push back against as leverage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6117453#p6117453

Also, I've applied some extra grip to the aerobar pads, since sliding forward on those pulls me forward on the saddle. I think one of the big advantages of the new full-forearm-contact aerobars is that they keep your elbows from sliding forward.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this is UCI legal but...

I stole an idea from Cam Wurf that I saw on his saddle a couple years ago at Kona. Triathlon Taren has a video on YouTube highlighting his bike. I found some gripper seat cover material that is used on motocross seat covers. I glued pieces of it onto my Specialized Sitero and it kept me stuck in position a lot longer than before. Plus, it doesn’t rip your kit to shreds like skateboard grip tape would. I liked it then I transitioned over to an Infinity Bike Seat because if saddle sore issues and that keeps me stuck in position pretty well without having to glue gripper seat cover material onto it.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Brett Z

“Livin’ in a van down by the river”
Last edited by: tanbrett87: Apr 27, 20 7:02
Quote Reply
Re: Any tips to stop slipping forward on TT saddle [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike fit/saddle height not right.

+1
Quote Reply