Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been riding one? I'm hoping to get one during the summer.

Which model are you on? How's the ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there no one here riding this?
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been riding a Hi Mod Ultegra Di2 with ENVE 3.4 ARs since last October. Phenomenal ride quality (can fit 32s on wide rim with room to spare), handling and overall characteristics. Can’t say enough about how comfortable and flexible it is for a race bike. https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=1oxszc537aik7

Only things I don’t love are heavy bars/stem integration and the integrated computer mount, which sits above bar as opposed to in front of it (this is purely an aesthetic thing, not performance). The bar is actually very comfortable and stem is well done with cable routing under cover. That said, it’s an easy enough upgrade too. And overall, these are minor considerations.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same frame (but with 105) and unfortunately had a freak accident and hit the ground hard, but maybe not crazy hard - but resulted in a totaled frame and fork. Was able to get a replacement built up and I love the bike, but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a hint of anxiety on every ride that I'll kill the bike again. Haven't played around with any upgrades except swapping to GP5000s. I love the subtlety in the design, it's really sleek, and it was a huge upgrade over my too-big 2013 aluminum roadie.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an old supersix evo. It was a great bike. Actually, i still have it, but don't ride it anymore. Tire clearance was an issue with that bike.

My dream bike right now is the System Six. Out of curiosity, why are you looking at the Super Six instead of System Six? Similar question for Carl Spackler -- what made you pick the Super Six? (and, how does it compare ride-wise to your Exploro and Open Upper?

The System Six still has pretty good tire clearance. Not as much as the super six, but i think it will still fit 30s with some clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't have any interest in SystemSix, I was after best combo of comfort and performance for long haul. Something that will tackle 150 miles or a tough Grasshopper equally well.

It rides smoother and more planted than Exploro, and equally comfortable but climbs a little better and is much more predictable descending than Open, which I find a little sluggish. A 32c IRC Serac Sand (with knobs) on the AR fit with room to spare, so you could probably get a 34c on narrower rim on it. That, but with refined road bike ride quality and handling, is pretty slick IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a SuperSix Evo but not a 2020....I think it is 3-5 years old....By FAR my favorite bike. I wish I knew how to post pics as I love how this bike looks...Silver with green....
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I’ve been riding a Hi Mod Ultegra Di2 with ENVE 3.4 ARs since last October. Phenomenal ride quality (can fit 32s on wide rim with room to spare), handling and overall characteristics. Can’t say enough about how comfortable and flexible it is for a race bike. https://www.instagram.com/...igshid=1oxszc537aik7

Only things I don’t love are heavy bars/stem integration and the integrated computer mount, which sits above bar as opposed to in front of it (this is purely an aesthetic thing, not performance). The bar is actually very comfortable and stem is well done with cable routing under cover. That said, it’s an easy enough upgrade too. And overall, these are minor considerations.

Great to hear! How is the fit? I'm on a 54 2012 CAAD 10 but I'm toying around with the idea of a 51 on the SuperSix. I've got a 0SB post on my CAAD and the saddle a bit forward and a 110 stem, so I'm thinking I could make the 51 SS work, but might need too many spacers.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob_bell wrote:
I had an old supersix evo. It was a great bike. Actually, i still have it, but don't ride it anymore. Tire clearance was an issue with that bike.

My dream bike right now is the System Six. Out of curiosity, why are you looking at the Super Six instead of System Six? Similar question for Carl Spackler -- what made you pick the Super Six? (and, how does it compare ride-wise to your Exploro and Open Upper?

The System Six still has pretty good tire clearance. Not as much as the super six, but i think it will still fit 30s with some clearance.

I like the System Six mostly, but there's something about the head tube/fork area that bothers me a bit. I also don't like any of the colors. And for an aero road bike, my dream is the Madone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great bike, no complaints from me. Mine is 6.91kg with CLX50 wheels and 6.51kg with Extralite CyberDisc wheels, and that is with pedals, powermeter, 2 bottle cages and combo computer mount. Stock paint job would be lighter.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
Great bike, no complaints from me. Mine is 6.91kg with CLX50 wheels and 6.51kg with Extralite CyberDisc wheels, and that is with pedals, powermeter, 2 bottle cages and combo computer mount. Stock paint job would be lighter.

Wow! That is impressive. What handlebar is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
What handlebar is that?

Farsports F1. You can order a "transition" spacer that sits flush with the F1 and mates with the Cannondale spacers/head tube, so you don't lose the clean flush look.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: May 3, 20 16:08
Quote Reply
Re: Your experiences with 2020 Cannondale SuperSix Evo [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
What handlebar is that?

Farsports F1. You can order a "transition" spacer that sits flush with the F1 and mates with the Cannondale spacers/head tube, so you don't lose the clean flush look.

Looks fantastic! How's the fit? Are you able to compare to a CAAD10? I'm on a 54 but I'm thinking I could go with the 51 on the SuperSix after getting on a 52 CAAD12, which isn't far off in terms of stack and reach.
Quote Reply