Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody using Tri-rig aero Styx skewers with Zipp wheels??
Quote | Reply
Anybody using Tririg Styx skewers with Zipp wheels?

I just bought some Styx, now need to fit them, Tririg recommend you check with the wheel manufacturer to determine a recommended torque setting for the skewers.

I reached out to the Zipp help desk and basically they very lazily just sent me a pdf of a wheel manual that was silent on this question. Useless!!

Anybody out there in ST land using Styx aero skewers with a recent Super 9 disc or 808 NSW front wheels?? What torque setting are you using? Did you find it by trial and error or did it come from Zipp?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using Tri-rig aero Styx skewers with Zipp wheels?? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the View-speed skewers with various Zipp wheels, and 6 Nm has been fine. I wouldn't worry too much about the Zipp hubs. They can handle a lot. I'd just dial it to Styx-recommended 6Nm, and check it periodically to see verify it's not backing off (which it shouldn't, but I've never used those skewers).
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using Tri-rig aero Styx skewers with Zipp wheels?? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posted a reply in the other thread. In general, 6-7 Nm is good, but this is not a super-sensitive measurement. Make sure you use a nice high-quality tool (especially bits by Wiha, Silca, or Bondhus), and make sure to apply force INTO the bolt as you torque in either direction. For packable tools on your bike, we love the Fixit-Sticks, which will accept any of the aforementioned bits, and give you a very nice T-way wrench to apply force into the bolt, and plenty of torque.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply