Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq Dzero Dub Power Meter Compatibility?
Quote | Reply
So I've been trying to figure this out but have been unable to get a straight answer. I have a sram force 22 165 mm compact crank set with 110BCD, would this spider power better fit/be compatible with that crankset?

https://www.sram.com/...models/pm-dz-spdr-d1
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Dub Power Meter Compatibility? [StokeTheFire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. The only cranksets compatible with the dzero spiders are labeled quarq prime or something of that sort. Force cranks like yours use a 3 bolt interface while you need the 8 bolt for the dzero. These are super hard to find as cranks only as they're only stocked OEM on bikes, not sold individually.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, that Dub spider would not fit your crank even if it did have the 8 bolt. The new Dub Quarq spiders have an added 1mm...if you marry that up with a Prime-Ready non Dub crank you'll have that extra 1mm offset to your chainline. May not be a big deal or it could be a huge pain to dial in your front derailleur and/ or trim.

If you have a non-Dub BB and want a Quarq to fit it look on classifieds, Ebay for and full crank with spider or piece work it by finding an 8 bolt spider and an 8 bolt prime-ready crank. I will tell you finding 165mm arms is tough as I just did it switch over my Quarq D4 91 to a new bike. Quarq does have some Red branded 165mm arms only, then all you need is a 110 bolt Quarq spider. I did see a good deal on some 165mm armed Quarq with aluminum arms but not sure if they were 110 or 130.

Other option would be getting a new Dub Quarq and a BBinfinite Dub or Wheels Manufacturing BB.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Dub Power Meter Compatibility? [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeh, the reason I went SRAM for the crankset was because the frame already had a BB-30 bottom bracket installed and I wanted to avoid the 24 mil spindle adapters. Thinking I probably just should have replaced the bottom bracket with a 24 mil and thrown on a Shimano Ultegra crank with right-sided/dual power. I would look into left-sided crank arm power but it's a felt AR with the rear direct mount brake that doesn't have the clearance for a left crank arm powermeter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StokeTheFire wrote:
So I've been trying to figure this out but have been unable to get a straight answer. I have a sram force 22 165 mm compact crank set with 110BCD, would this spider power better fit/be compatible with that crankset?

Man. I wrench. But when it comes to cranksets BBs and PM compatibility I just give up and go to the LBS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
be careful...the reviews on right sided power are not great. Left only with stages or 4iii have better reviews. I might have a Riken BB30, 110in 170 length for sale soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Dub Power Meter Compatibility? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
StokeTheFire wrote:

Man. I wrench. But when it comes to cranksets BBs and PM compatibility I just give up and go to the LBS.

Same. it's so confusing with all the BB and crank standards. Someone needs to design a website where you can input your power meter requiremetns and it'l solve it for you. just between rotor and sram there are 5 different spiders and 3 sets of cranks, and they don't all work with each other. not to mention P2Max and easton/raceface

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Power2Max makes an NGeco spider for 3-bolt-spider SRAM cranks for $490. Probably need to spring the extra $100 for the optional Praxis Chainrings, too, as I don't think that spider works with Force 22's "hidden bolt" design.

https://power2max.cc/.../products/ngeco-sram

Or ditch the Force crank set and get a set of the 8-bolt-spider carbon Quarq DZero Dub cranks ($196) that go with the spider you linked. Again, you'll need to add for chain rings as they're not included.

Or you can scrounge for an older, 3-bolt style Quarq Dzero PM. Spiders alone are hard to find, but you can still find the alloy-arm/PM-spider combos for fairly cheap, and swap over the spider to your carbon Force 22 crank arms. R&A has what appears to be the correct one for $550. You can maybe even recoup a few shillings by putting your non-power spider on the alloy arms and selling the resulting mongrel remnants on ebay or elsewhere.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 21, 20 16:04
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq Dzero Dub Power Meter Compatibility? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

Power2Max makes an NGeco spider for 3-bolt-spider SRAM cranks for $490. Probably need to spring the extra $100 for the optional Praxis Chainrings, too, as I don't think that spider works with Force 22's "hidden bolt" design.

https://power2max.cc/.../products/ngeco-sram

Or ditch the Force crank set and get a set of the 8-bolt-spider carbon Quarq DZero Dub cranks ($196) that go with the spider you linked. Again, you'll need to add for chain rings as they're not included.

Or you can scrounge for an older, 3-bolt style Quarq Dzero PM. Spiders alone are hard to find, but you can still find the alloy-arm/PM-spider combos for fairly cheap, and swap over the spider to your carbon Force 22 crank arms. R&A has what appears to be the correct one for $550. You can maybe even recoup a few shillings by putting your non-power spider on the alloy arms and selling the resulting mongrel remnants on ebay or elsewhere.

It gets more and more confusing, but there are no 3-bolt DZero spiders. Everything started going to 8 bolt with the last iteration of the Riken and the Elsa RS (DA9000 4bolt rings). So Elsa R or earlier for the 3-bolt Quarq spider.
Quote Reply