Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you rotate running shoes? [runnerak47] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do 60-80 miles a week and rotate all the time (I don't really retire shoes until they're proper dead).
Easy and Recovery - Hoka Clifton 6, Nike LunarGlide+ 3
Sub-threshold - Hoka Clifton 6, Nike Epic React 2, Nike Pegasus Turbo 2
Intervals - Hoka Rincon or Nike Zoom Fly SP
Tempo Runs - Hoka Rincon, Nike Zoom Fly SP, Nike Pegasus Turbo 2
Long Runs - Nike Zoom Fly SP, Nike Pegasus Turbo 2
Wet Runs - Nike Pegasus 35 Shield, Nike LunarGlide+ 3 Shield
Trail Runs - Hoka Speedgoat 3
Trail Race - Hoka Speedgoat Evo
Race - Nike Vaporfly Next%
Quote Reply
Re: Do you rotate running shoes? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
absolutely

long steady (often slow): Hoka Biondi
faster and tempo: brooks ghost
faster still, like 1/4s or track: Brooks Pure flow
trail: HOO - I forget the version

I'm convinced that the shoe rotation is why I'm running without injury. I had PF years ago

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Do you rotate running shoes? [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBri00 wrote:
absolutely

long steady (often slow): Hoka Biondi
faster and tempo: brooks ghost
faster still, like 1/4s or track: Brooks Pure flow
trail: HOO - I forget the version

I'm convinced that the shoe rotation is why I'm running without injury. I had PF years ago

I think you should look into some of the Nike shoes with carbon plates for your faster/tempo shoes over the Brooks Ghost and make the Ghosts part of your slower long steady type runs.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Do you rotate running shoes? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Quote Reply
Re: Do you rotate running shoes? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it

haha true - but something to consider. I used to train a lot on the Ghosts and still have some pairs, but found the Nike shoes specifically the ZF2s and ZF3s as superior trainers.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I buy two pairs of "training shoes" at the beginning of the calendar year, identical except I'll buy two different colors. Almost all of my running is on pavement or gravel alleyways. I run about 1000 miles per year.

I rotate mostly because it helps to keep the shoes from starting to stink. I figure I'm getting about 500 miles from a pair, and when I buy the two new pairs I keep one of the old pairs for mowing the lawn.

I buy one pair of race shoes (Saucony Kinvara) that I only wear for racing. Mostly sprint and intermediate distance triathlon with an occasional 5K and half-marathon. But I don't worry about rotating them.

Somewhat related. I have one pair of bike shoes that I use for almost all of my training rides. Long ago, I did training rides without socks, and the shoes would start to stink. Now, I do my training rides with socks, and I don't have a problem with shoe odor from my bike shoes.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rotating has benefits for sure. I think there are definitely benefits to having shoes of different stack heights and cushioning in your rotation

I usually have 3-4 pairs I wear. 2 every day mileage shoes, a workout shoe and racing shoes.

Brooks ghosts: every day training shoe. Only workout they see is long runs. bulk of mileage in these
Adidas: boston boosts: second everyday training shoe that are from previous training block. Used to just change it up a bit and make sure I dont get too ued to heavy cushioning
saucony kinvaras: usually only on workout days
nike streak LT: 5k race shoe. really only for 5ks or if I do fast interval work
adidas adios: 10k and up racing shoe. will wear a few times in workouts leading up to a race
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Different shoes for different occasions- On Cloudsurfers for long runs, Saucony Peregrine for trails, NB Vazee Pace for half and full distance, on cloud racer for shorter stuff, Saucony kinvara for med/short easy runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just continually rotate my 3 pairs of shoes on a daily basis, no matter what the workout is. I think it keeps my feet... well, on their feet! Bad foot joke, my bad.

I use Altra Torin, Newton Distance, and Nike Zoom Fly 3.

If I’m doing a trail run sometime during the week, I’ll purposely plan it out so I’m not rotating the Nike’s in on that day. I prefer minimal/zero drop for trails.

Brett Z

“Livin’ in a van down by the river”
Quote Reply
Re: Do you rotate running shoes? [tanbrett87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep.

I have a pair of Peg Turbo 2 for FAST and racing...and then a pile of 7-8 pairs shoes that I rotate. Mostly Nike, but also NB, Hoka...and there's a Sketchers and an Altra in there somewhere. I generally use my highly scientific "which ever I feel like running in that day" method. When one feels "dead" I retire it to "county fair/mall" duty and get a new pair to rotate in.
Quote Reply

Prev Next