Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Assuming no local group stuff by my Bday, suggestions/ideas
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming my bday will be spent at the house or with still pretty restrictive stuff going on.

I live in the Raleigh area and they also have my favorite gravel closed there, or that'd be what I'd do.

Any suggestions? I'm a cyclist, but my run volume is up to being able to run up to 10mi or so OK. Like at lower Z2 heartrate. I solo a metric century every week in around 3 hours.

Looking for something fun but challenging. Could be either, could be both.

I'd have to start and leave from my house in N Hills area.

So far I've got:

-created a hilly loop and go for 10k feet
-long duathon.........1/4 marathon, metric century, 1/4 marathon
-1/2 marathon to break 2 hrs (never done that, despite it being a rather slow pace for most)
-long ride only on a route I haven't done with maybe an interesting waypoint to see
-lazy metric century early AM and take a thermos of coffee and snacks (like a 4 hr metric instead of sub-3hr).

Other suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Assuming no local group stuff by my Bday, suggestions/ideas [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've been pretty obsessed with the concept of Everesting lately, so that gets my vote. Check out https://everesting.cc/the-rules/

You could half of Everest. Or, you can find the biggest major climb in your area and try to do more repeats than anyone else ever has in a single day.

My wife just did the 4x4x48 this weekend. With your run volume it sounds possible, but it will be a challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: Assuming no local group stuff by my Bday, suggestions/ideas [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would ask my wife for a lap dance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 out n back on the ATT on your gravel bike, full on TT mode.
1 out n back running it
1 out n back on the gravel bike full on TT mode. Have to be within 5min or you do it all again but at an easier pace.

ETA: ride 100 miles, Saxapahaw & back or something like that.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Apr 20, 20 12:55
Quote Reply