Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PowerMeter Help
Quote | Reply
I was riding on zwift, when all of the sudden it stopped showing my power.

Current Setup:
CompuTrainer + PowerTap Wheel + Ant+ USB

My Garmin usually lets me know when the powermeter battery is low, but I replaced the battery anyways. My Garmin finds and gets connected to the power meter, as does Zwift, but it's not picking up any watts.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ides?
Quote Reply
Re: PowerMeter Help [ironmuffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your powertap connect via bluetooth or ANT+?
Quote Reply
Re: PowerMeter Help [mikemelbrooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ant+

I don't get how it connects to my garmin, will calibrate even, but no watts show on the garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmuffin wrote:
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ides?

Yep... exactly this after a small 'off' on the bike. It was the torque/sensors on it failing rendering the unit useless.

Ping SRAM Support and see if they can suggest anything.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There has been talk on the Zwift podcast about ANT+ dropouts and people trying to get to the bottom of it. One reason is a huge increase in the number of people, which then causes your PC to try to render more people at once, and then if you have a pc that isn't very powerful, it drops subroutines to keep up the core processes. ANT+ antennas coming in from USB is pretty low on the PC's list of priorities and it gets dropped.

I noticed my 2015 macbook air (pretty weak pc for zwift) started doing this during busy times at busy intersections, so I switched my trainer from external ANT+ via USB to bluetooth, which is inboard and possibly won't get dropped to save resources as fast. It seems to have fixed it.

Also, close everything else besides Zwift. For example, I usually run first thing in the morning. If I leave a browser window with the local weather open (even minimized in the background) it is refreshing every so often with a ping to the internet to get the latest, which ends up slowing Zwift down. So close stuff like that, email, and anything with ads. They are constantly running against the cpu and also taking up bandwidth. Then Zwift can breathe easier and quit crashing subsystems to keep it's head above water.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Apr 20, 20 4:16
Quote Reply