Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marinoni Speed CF vs Guru Trilite
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum. Sorry for my bad english, I'm a frenchspeaking from Montreal, Quebec.

I've done a couple of sprint duathlons and triathlons in the past years with my road bike with clip on's aerobars.

Now I would like to build a tri bike.

I'm missing only the frame and cockpit.

I'm looking at two options: Circa 2014 Brand new Marinoni Speed CF and circa 2005 used Guru Trilite.

Probably completely different frames, I know.

About the Marinoni:
- Probably lighter (full carbon),
- Maby more confortable
- More modern tribike look
- Brand new
- Love the brand, I alredy have 4 marinonis (Steel Pista steel road, titanium road, steel touring) and love them (handmade in Quebec) but the speed CF is surely made in Asia so no local handmade here.
- More expensive (around 700$US plus taxes).

About the Guru:
- Handmade in Quebec (aluminium with carbons stays)
- Cheaper (around 200$US)
- 15 years old so maby fatigue int the frame
- Older look (smaller wheel cutout, round seat post and tubes).

I know the most importnat thing is fit but I would like to know about those frames.

Have anyone ever ridden ride one of these frames and can tell me how they appreciate them (there is mostly no info on the web about them).

Thanks a lot!

N.B. Photo to show the models (not actual frames I'm looking at).
Quote Reply
Re: Marinoni Speed CF vs Guru Trilite [DavidMTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guru is a joke.

The Marinoni looks like an open mold frameset.

Look on eBay or Alibaba for an unbranded carbon TT frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
700$ should get you something like a Cervelo P2 or P3 frame. In fact there are some new ones on EBay right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Marinoni Speed CF vs Guru Trilite [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
The Guru is a joke.

The Marinoni looks like an open mold frameset.

Look on eBay or Alibaba for an unbranded carbon TT frameset.

the guru is going to be a great riding bike. take it anywhere, lock it whatever. of course its no PX, depends on what you are after. i ride my argon e80 in the city, to the pool etc.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies,

I've read on the open mold bikes and not sure I want to go that way with a small brand not selling to much carbon frame so not able to have good QC on those frames.

I've been looking at classified for a couple of weeks and many Cervelo's look interesting. I'm sure they are really good quality bikes but since handmade in Quebec is one important thing to me, I may end up buying the Guru. It's probably going to fill my needs for this year (having fun building the bike and riding a real tt bike (even an old one). Since I like to change bike often, I will be able to upgrade when I feel the need since this one will be a cheap build.
Quote Reply