Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoes with more cushioning
Quote | Reply
I have been having some aches and pains - mostly likely just age :). I have been a Kinvara guy since they first came out. Currently, using a couple pairs of Kivara 8's (I buy the old models when they blow them out). I really like them and have not tried the new ones (any thoughts on them) but I am also open to trying something out. I dont race often anymore and tend to just run in the same shoes I train in.

Recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Shoes with more cushioning [yikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pains went away when I switched to Hoka Clifton 6. I don't like losing the feel when on dirt or gravel but for concrete sidewalks and asphalt I really like them. I'm ~5'11", ~155#s.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a big fan of the Nike Zoom Fly 3s - carbon plate with ample cushioning. I’ve felt they are good at all speeds. I’ve already purchased another pair when my current gear ones go out.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Full disclosure, I'm a Salming ambassador - love their stuff. If you're looking for something like the Kinvara but with more cushioning for training etc, I would try the Salming EnRoute. If you're wanting something with max cushion but still lightweight, try the Greyhounds (I have and love these... especially now that I'm trying extra hard to avoid injury, since massage/chiro/physio's not available). I had a pair of Hokas once, that I tried while recovering from bone bruising in my foot... hated them, found them really stiff and clunky. But I know there are plenty of folks who really like them. If you want to try a pair of Salmings, fire me a message and I'll give you a code for an extra 20% off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came from Kinvara, Hoka Clayton and Cavu shoes I rotated through. If you want a well cushioned training shoe that I wouldn't hesitate racing in have a look at the the Nike Pegasus Turbo. A really well balanced shoe for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoes with more cushioning [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do the Hokas fit. I am a 12 in the Kinvaras. Only ask because I will likely go online given that shops are closed around here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoka Clifton 5s are in my rotation along with the Kinvara 11. The Clifton is maybe a shade wider but they're pretty close in fit. Similar weight but has a much softer landing and is noticeably less responsive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Hokas are US 10, Nike 4% 10-1/2, ON Clouds are 10-1/2, Louis Garneau bike shoes are 10.75. Hope that helps.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If u like saucony (I love the kinvara 8 but felt they went downhill after that) and want more cushion, I like the new Ride ISO 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rotate between Nike Zoom Fly 3, Newton Distance and Altra Torin. I feel like the Torin’s are the cushiest.

Brett Z

“Livin’ in a van down by the river”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NB 1080
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After some injuries on Achilles, I've been using Brooks Adrenaline 19 (and 20) because they are quite cushioned and have a biggish drop (12mm) that I found helpful to get back running pain free. I'm now on my 6th week doing around 40 mpw and so far so good, I don't think I ever ran so much for so long (but that's mostly because I'm using the swim time that I don't use due to lockdown and run instead). I'm enjoying them so much that I just ordered another pair this week.

To give my ankles other type of effort, I now use the Saucony Guide 13 for some faster runs (8mm drop with cushion).

PS: Both of these offer some support, they aren't neutral.
Quote Reply