Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://beveragedynamics.com/...oronavirus-covid-19/

Quote:
“I think fewer breweries will close the next six months than the following six months,” he continues. “Everyone is packing it in to get lean and survive right now, but not everyone will make it back to a sustainable business when they do get the doors open again. Landlords probably won’t still be working with us on delayed or partial payments of rent. Banks won’t be providing forbearance anymore. The consumers probably won’t flood back overnight.”

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
No, you can't just take what you need. I asked that very question. You give them your calculations and you 'receive' an amount of money. You present your calculations of what you spent on payroll for the following two weeks and the difference between that number and the amount you 'received' is the principal on a new, 2-year loan.

Of the 100% of funds you request, 75% can be for payroll expenses and 25% for other fixed expenses (rent, utilities, etc.). So right there, you're at 25% due as a loan. Bringing everyone back as FTE's to stand around looking at each other isn't workable even if the money is 'free'. Also, we will have people not come back to work based on stimulus checks, unemployment or just life changes. That's how we get to 50% in our business.

The 25% utilities should be forgiven from what I understand. We are in same boat as you. Have some working some unemployed. Can’t bring everyone back and pay them to do nothing, not fair to those working. We will use what we can to for payroll now. If business not back to normal by 6/30 will only bring back who we need.
If we normally have 60 employees and currently have 30 working, by 6/30 we would only be forgiven 50% of our payroll portion of the loan. But we would have only used 50% of the loan to pay our 30 people so if I’m thinking correctly, we should be covered 100% of the payroll we spent during this time. The remainder of the money we can give back after 6/30. No need to keep it if not needed.
No one we asked has not come to work but I’ve heard some grumbling through the grapevine some would rather stay laid off since they would be making more.
Starting to get annoyed with the women in the office since it’s mostly them I’m hearing about. Next person I hear complaining I’m going to tell them to stay laid off and they can pay their healthcare, since we’ve been carrying it for everyone the past 2 months.

They don’t realize after the $600 is over 7/30, business may nit be back to the previous levels so we may not need everyone back. Those that have stayed working and have appreciated it will have a leg up over those who have not.
Quote Reply
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In agreement with supporting local everything.

This arbitrary what's essential and what's not baffles me. I can buy clothes at Walmart but the small clothing store had to close, etc.

Pass more people in a grocery store than at the barber shop.

Even local hospitals where Covid19 is not a problem in their region are getting whacked because they don't have Covid19 patients nor can their patients waiting for heart, hip and cancer treatments come in.

Madness...

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:

This arbitrary what's essential and what's not baffles me. I can buy clothes at Walmart but the small clothing store had to close, etc.

Among other things, Walmart is a grocery store. In some places, its the only grocery store. Food is essential, a new pair of pants is not...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Last edited by: Warbird: May 3, 20 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warbird wrote:
IT wrote:

Among other things, Walmart is a grocery store. In some places, its the only grocery store. Food is essential, a new pair of pants is not...

Walmart is a grocery store??? Who would've known that?? Why isn't that advertised?

Have been getting all my tri gear at Walmart. Didn't know they also did groceries.

Do they also have a lawn and garden section because the local nursery is closed?

Dang I do need need to consult ST before I do anything.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Warbird wrote:
IT wrote:

Walmart is a grocery store??? Who would've known that?? Why isn't that advertised?

Have been getting all my tri gear at Walmart. Didn't know they also did groceries.

Do they also have a lawn and garden section because the local nursery is closed?

Dang I do need need to consult ST before I do anything.

Its because you happened to have regurgitated the same talking point that many of my right-leaning friends on Facebook have been bombarding me with over the last few days. That the “Big Corporation” is allowed to keep their stores open while the mom and pop stores are required to close down, apparently without realizing that the stores they are comparing are offering different services. I assume that my Facebook friends know that Walmart sells groceries, but they seem to have overlooked the actual services the stores they’re comparing provide, in order to find the big government conspiracy…

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biggest fear from my LBS was getting a fine if they don't enforce social distancing in the shop. The owner was pretty clear when my daughter and I showed up to buy her a bike that we respect the rules. Not that we were not but he said they could give him a 10,000 fine because he was an incorporated business. Ironically 5 min after he said that the bylaw officers showed up. He was fine as everyone was respecting the rules.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Which brands / businesses won't survive? [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
Ironically 5 min after he said that the bylaw officers showed up. He was fine as everyone was respecting the rules.

So, fine because he was not fined?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Warbird wrote:
Walmart is a grocery store. In some places, its the only grocery store. Food is essential, a new pair of pants is not...

Didn't know they also did groceries.

How could you NOT know?

In the first days of lock-down - when the panic-buying started - I had to go to Walmart & Target to load up the groceries they'd run out of at Shoprite & Acme

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next