Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Compatibility across bikes
Quote | Reply
Currently have a 2012 Fuji D6 11sp and a 2012 Cannondale CAAD10 10sp. I've been thinking about upgrading the CAAD to 11sp so I could easily swap bikes on an off the trainer without having to change cassettes.

I'd also really love to get a new Cannondale SuperSix Evo and as I work at a Cannondale dealer, I can get great discounts. I'd love to jump on the disc train but then I realized I could run into the same issue where I'll still have to change something on the trainer to swap bikes. I think you have to take the cassette off to change end caps for thru axles?

So I'm thinking maybe it would be best to just get the rim brake SuperSix. It's also the cheapest and much more attainable. I really want the SuperSix Etap in White, but it's so damn expensive! But the white frame calls to me everyday!
Quote Reply
Re: Compatibility across bikes [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of end caps can be changed out with your fingers in a few seconds and don't require removal of the cassette.
Quote Reply
Re: Compatibility across bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
A lot of end caps can be changed out with your fingers in a few seconds and don't require removal of the cassette.

Well that's good to know!
Quote Reply
Re: Compatibility across bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:

I have the cycleops hammer trainer. No need for tools to change from QR to TA end caps.
Quote Reply
Re: Compatibility across bikes [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:

I have the cycleops hammer trainer. No need for tools to change from QR to TA end caps.

Perfect! That's what I have too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think you will find the trainer issue to be a big problem, so just get the SuperSix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the new supersix is etap AXS, you are going to run into issues swapping bikes anyways. 11-speed to 12-speed cassettes.
Quote Reply
Re: Compatibility across bikes [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerikstri wrote:
If the new supersix is etap AXS, you are going to run into issues swapping bikes anyways. 11-speed to 12-speed cassettes.

Absolutely right. There's a potential I get that one for the white frame and wheels and sell the ETAP AXS and put 105 on to lower cost
Quote Reply