Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dumb smoothie question
Quote | Reply
So I’ve been using a blender that makes single smoothies. I use milk, frozen fruit, protein power, ground flax seed. But I recently got a nicer bigger blender. So I figured I blend 2 portions, and put one smoothie in the fridge for later. Well, in the evening, I look at the smoothie in the fridge, and it has settled into layers and looked awful. I didn’t drink it. Is there any way around this, or am I stuck making single smoothies?
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb smoothie question [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. It will always do that after hours.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dumb smoothie question [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn :( 2020 really sucks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freeze it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's going to separate over time. Just shake it up, and voila, you've got a homogenous mixture again. I make my smoothies once a week, portioned into containers. 2-3 into the fridge, the rest into the freezer. They all separate, but that situation is easily rectified. It doesn't have any impact on the nutrition of said smoothie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No issues with the separating, like others have said. I blend mine with frozen bananas, whey (from homemade yoghurt), some cocoa powder, and milk/water for a little liquid consistency, and sometimes with other frozen fruit like blueberries/strawberries/mangoes. They do separate after a few hours in the fridge, just stir it up with a spoon, they'll still taste good. Making an extra batch works really well for after a long workout too, ready to be served!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pick up a cheap hand/immersion blender, or even a milk frother and churn it up for a few seconds, and you are in business!
Quote Reply