Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another happy new Sole F80 owner here. A little more than I had really intended to spend, but seems to work great.

That said, a friend of mine paid half the amount for a new Norditrack (not sure which model) and it seems to work just fine as well....
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [m_dc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m_dc wrote:
I got a sole f80 around a month ago and am quite happy with it.

This is the one my wife okayed (well f85 is what the local store has on sale). I drift between 180-190 depending on time of year. Could I safely run intervals on it at 10-11 mph for extended periods? It’s how I burnt my current treadmill, you see.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sole F80. very reasonable price for what it is. well built and pretty comfortable, i enjoyed running on the one i had.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
‌Here is my review of the Bowflex BXT116 on Amazon.
‌
‌Works great with Zwift. Chose this because of native Bluetooth connection for Zwift. Am using it with Bluetooth HRM and Zwift on IPad Air3. Connects easily and consistently. Just hop on and run; pairing is seemless and efficient. Really didn’t want to hassle with intermittent running pods or changing batteries. Speed is very accurate.

Treadmill itself is very well built and stable. Platform is smooth, wide and rock solid. Controls are easy to read and use. Lots of top and bottom racks for drinks and phones and towels. USB plug keeps iPad charged. Speaker is decent as well. Control for speed and elevation on main display, but I usually use controls built into lower handle bar; this is a real big plus when running hard.

Built in fan is an unexpected benefit. Wasn’t on my list but its sufficiently powerful for me. It’s small and has decent flow, but more importantly, it Can be adjusted to blow higher/lower.

Negatives- built in display shows speed but no pace or avg pace. I use Zwift and it shows on the iPad but it would have been nice to be able to see pace.
Treadmill acceleration and deceleration is very gradual. So if you’re doing very quick intervals or explosive ones, it’s not super responsive.
Thing is heavy, like 300 lbs, but I still need to re-adjust position after 6-7 runs. Most of my runs are at 6-7 min mile pace so your results may differ. Longest run has been 13.5 miles. Double digit runs and sub 6 intervals are common for me.

Overall awesome equipment. Not cheap but well built, high quality throughout, good features. Until this came along, haven’t run 13 miles on treadmill. Now routine.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
talegater wrote:
‌Here is my review of the Bowflex BXT116 on Amazon.
‌
‌Works great with Zwift. Chose this because of native Bluetooth connection for Zwift. Am using it with Bluetooth HRM and Zwift on IPad Air3. Connects easily and consistently. Just hop on and run; pairing is seemless and efficient. Really didn’t want to hassle with intermittent running pods or changing batteries. Speed is very accurate.

Speed is read from the treadmill so it shows consistent on Zwift, probably not accurate :) Treadmills in these range ussually go 5-10% slower than actual speed. You will need a Stryd or Runn sensor to calibrate.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [Laurens4790] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big fan of my Precor 9.35. It is definitely a step up in terms of price and quality from the Sole f-85 that I used to have, but I purchased second hand and have had no issues for last 2+ years. I did have a Sole f-85 for ~5 years. I got some good use out of it but started having issues with the deck and belt. After numerous attempts to have it repaired I decided to move on. The Precor is a much more solidly built machine, which I like, but the Sole did the job and gave me pretty good mileage for the price.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it true that with bowflex treadmill it’s not possible to set the incline to zero? It seems, basse on what i read on the web, that the minimun incline is 1%
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [Superbaso78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For whatever reason I don’t think the numbers on the incline setting are percentage. It’s true the lowest the incline will go is 1 but on mine 1 is definitely flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't believe that a modern-day midrange priced TM like the Bowflex can't even show the speed (in min/mile) on the display, if what you're saying is correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill recommendations-something that won't break the bank. [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
TizzleDK wrote:
Hey ST, looking for some treadmill recommendations for the quarantine period. I am looking for something to last a few years. I have seen a few that can fold straight up which would be really convenient. I live in the EU.

Find a Landice L7 used. There around $3500 new but you can find them used for under $1000 . They’re simple and indestructible. They’re heavy as f**k though so find one within driving distance.

Where did you find a new L7 for $3500? I'm seeing $4300 minimum.
Quote Reply

Prev Next