Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [cxrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cxrider wrote:
They all got beaten by a 16 year old.

But I thought that Lionel was the strongest cyclist on the planet? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
cxrider wrote:

His ipad ran out of storage and he got booted from the race prior to the first time up Box hill
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh huh. I bet he would have won! ;) Damn iPad.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
cxrider wrote:

So strong, his iPad couldn't handle All The Watts and committed digital suicide rather than endure more leg-lightning.
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Apr 9, 20 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hate it when that happens! It felt his lion powers. Joe Exotic is going to break out of prison and wrangle him soon I'm sure. Look out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Uh huh. I bet he would have won! ;) Damn iPad.

I know, right!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
cxrider wrote:

His ipad ran out of storage and he got booted from the race prior to the first time up Box hill

The old, 'my Ipad ran out of storage' line....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
cxrider wrote:

Lionel learned lesson #1 in pro cycling. A tactic that wins you one bike race...wins you one bike race. People learn quick.

If you go to the linked power stats (sorted by finishing place by default), and then glance at the over the power-duration stats it's kind of fun.

Ave W/g - everyone's got it.
20m power - everyone's got it
5m power - everyone's got it.

But once you get to the 1m-and-less you can see the strong correlation to guys who finished well.

Part of that is because it looks this came down to a sprint. But pro sprinting is about hitting that double-digit W/kg *after* the 30+ minutes at 5.6 W/kg.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
That's the first time I've ever seen anything like that, I was watching on the Superleague feed, women explaining things was saying they had power ups and invisibility cloaks etc, spoils it a bit.

Which was the top Triathlete in the end Brownlee or Van Riel?

100% agree, they should get rid of all that crap for racing and see who actually is the best cyclist, not who is able to use video game cheats the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
100% agree, they should get rid of all that crap for racing and see who actually is the best cyclist, not who is able to use video game cheats the best.

I don't know. "Best cyclist" is kind of already out the window with Zwift. Might as well embrace the game.

That said, there are plenty of Zwift races where powerups aren't available, if you prefer that.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fairness to Lionel, his Ipad crashed during the race. It's the zwift equivalent of a massive mechanical, lol.

We don't know how he would have done if he had been in the whole time... i doubt he wins if he stayed in, but to say that the field taught him some kind of lesson today or that he couldn't hang seems like a stretch.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
Van Riel. He finished 11th

I talked to Marten after the race, he said he could've maintained 430-440W for quite a bit longer (I believe he's around 65kg) but that +600W snap at the end just wasn't there anymore.
He does really enjoy them and is going to do more of them. I was actually expecting Alistair to light it up on the final climb but he was nowhere to be seen once they started the climb.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel, Alistair, BKanute racing with pro cyclists on Zwift now [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
cxrider wrote:

Lionel learned lesson #1 in pro cycling. A tactic that wins you one bike race...wins you one bike race. People learn quick.

If you go to the linked power stats (sorted by finishing place by default), and then glance at the over the power-duration stats it's kind of fun.

Ave W/g - everyone's got it.
20m power - everyone's got it
5m power - everyone's got it.

But once you get to the 1m-and-less you can see the strong correlation to guys who finished well.

Part of that is because it looks this came down to a sprint. But pro sprinting is about hitting that double-digit W/kg *after* the 30+ minutes at 5.6 W/kg.

And that is the issue with zwift the group draft and artificial speed of the group makes get aways almost.impossible, it almost always ends in a sprint.
At the race yestersay someone rode odd the front gettimg caught pushimg over 1w/kg more that the pack...
Quote Reply

Prev Next