Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Assioma backup pedals
Quote | Reply
Long time speedplay user and I just got some Assioma pedals, this means that I need to get pedals for the other bikes since my shoes are now using look like cleats.

Any suggestions on pedals that are good with the Assioma cleats? I'll be moving my power pedals between bikes depending on the season, right now they are on the road bike but will move to the tri-bike in the summer, once the world starts back to normal.

thx
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [slower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're an Xpedo pedal body. So anything from here would be a compatible alternate: https://xpedo.com/...ategory/pedals/road/

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of Look Keo classic for my trainer.
https://www.lookcycle.com/...omfort/keo-classic-3

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Look Keo Gray cleats with my Favero pedals. One of the main complaints of Favero Pedals (of which there are few) are the tightness of the cleats. I read that the gray pedals were better and I can say that between the red and gray, the gray are significantly better. With that being said, I would go with any Look Keo pedals if you really needed backups.
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
I use the Look Keo Gray cleats with my Favero pedals. One of the main complaints of Favero Pedals (of which there are few) are the tightness of the cleats. I read that the gray pedals were better and I can say that between the red and gray, the gray are significantly better. With that being said, I would go with any Look Keo pedals if you really needed backups.

This is confusing two somewhat different issues. A common complaint is that the release tension for the Assiomas is pretty tight compared with what people are generally used to - this can be adjusted (I had to turn it right down), and a mid-model update now includes a new spring (black) that allows a lower release tension.

The other issue is one of pedal float, which is the amount of natural side-to-side twisting through the pedal stroke. Different colored cleats offer different amounts of float: red = 9 degrees of float, grey = 4.5 degrees, black = 0 degrees. With a red cleat, you can twist further without resistance, but it requires the same amount of force to release your shoe from the pedal.
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:

If you have the first version (silver spring) you can remove 1 spring like I did.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6879308#p6879308

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [mcalista] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcalista wrote:

The other issue is one of pedal float, which is the amount of natural side-to-side twisting through the pedal stroke. Different colored cleats offer different amounts of float: red = 9 degrees of float, grey = 4.5 degrees, black = 0 degrees. With a red cleat, you can twist further without resistance, but it requires the same amount of force to release your shoe from the pedal.

Thanks for the reminder about float. I currently have the red cleats on my Assiomas on my Tri bike. I ordered some Look Keo pedals for my road bike and they came with grey cleats. I will have to order some red ones to keep as a spare, as I prefer the extra float.
Quote Reply
Re: Assioma backup pedals [slower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just went through this same thing a few months ago. I was switching everything over from SPD-SL

I bought these off of amazon for my trainer and just switch my Assiomas on my road/tt bike. These work perfectly fine for my trainer.

https://www.amazon.com/...le?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote Reply