Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: And BOOM goes the dynamite, I mean oversight... [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Look, my friend. Just give it up. What do you want, a deposit slip? Your responses are what bluemonkeytri would attribute to an 'automaton'. Try reading this part below one more time. This isn't even disputed, not sure why you are still beating this drum.

How did the bottom line balloon from $1 million to $25 million? A separate senior aide told RCP it had nothing to do with the Grand Old Party: “It is absolutely true that the Pelosi ask was for tons more Kennedy Center money.” What about the Blunt staffer making the rounds on Capitol Hill? “The doula was a hack GOP staffer,” the aide argued. “But this was a Democratic baby all along.”

You claimed Democrats added it. You have provided no evidence of that, well you have provided an anonymous GOP staffer saying they did not do that after it has caused an uproar. Do you think that is a reliable source?
Quote Reply
Re: And BOOM goes the dynamite, I mean oversight... [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
gregtryin wrote:

Look, my friend. Just give it up. What do you want, a deposit slip? Your responses are what bluemonkeytri would attribute to an 'automaton'. Try reading this part below one more time. This isn't even disputed, not sure why you are still beating this drum.

How did the bottom line balloon from $1 million to $25 million? A separate senior aide told RCP it had nothing to do with the Grand Old Party: “It is absolutely true that the Pelosi ask was for tons more Kennedy Center money.” What about the Blunt staffer making the rounds on Capitol Hill? “The doula was a hack GOP staffer,” the aide argued. “But this was a Democratic baby all along.”

You claimed Democrats added it. You have provided no evidence of that, well you have provided an anonymous GOP staffer saying they did not do that after it has caused an uproar. Do you think that is a reliable source?

Not sure why I ever thought you would be receptive to facts that are widely known, but don't fit your preferred perceptions. I am done. You can have the last line.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gregtryin wrote:

Not sure why I ever thought you would be receptive to facts that are widely known, but don't fit your preferred perceptions. I am done. You can have the last line.

Greg

So now you just declare someone saying something as “fact” and move on?

So when Trump said there was no quid pro quo, that is evidence of fact, even though many others, including his Chief of Staff, said there was one?

I see how this works.
Quote Reply
Re: And BOOM goes the dynamite, I mean oversight... [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
gregtryin wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gregtryin wrote:

Greg

So now you just declare someone saying something as “fact” and move on?

So when Trump said there was no quid pro quo, that is evidence of fact, even though many others, including his Chief of Staff, said there was one?

I see how this works.

So, you think it was the GOP that got funding for the Kennedy Center tacked on to the stimulus bill? Seriously?

As an FYI, better get ready for this one. If I had been in Trump's shoes, I would have insisted on accountability of the money sent to Ukraine. This country was infested with corruption and the Bidens were right in the middle of it raking in millions of dollars. If I had been President, I would have wanted a full investigation of what role my own government played in the corruption including an investigation done by the Ukrainian government. The fact that one of the players involved with the corruption was a Vice President of the United States would have made it an imperative that a full investigation take place. At the time of the phone call, it was not a given that Biden would be any more than another candidate for the nomination. I also would have made it clear that I was not releasing any money until it was assured it would be allocated for the agreed upon purchases. If the roles were reversed, the Dems would have been jumping up on the moral high ground screaming graft, corruption, money laundering and anything else they could.

Greg

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So, you think it was the GOP that got funding for the Kennedy Center tacked on to the stimulus bill? Seriously?

What does this tangent have to do with the somewhat disturbing trend of the President firing his the members of his government who are supposed to provide independent oversight of the Executive branch?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: And BOOM goes the dynamite, I mean oversight... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

What does this tangent have to do with the somewhat disturbing trend of the President firing his the members of his government who are supposed to provide independent oversight of the Executive branch?

The only sentence in the OP by one of our LR lefties was, "Well, now that money won't be getting to the people who really need it."

This was followed by other lefties commenting about Trump filling his personal coffers in some way without mention of the pork the Dems specifically wrote into the bill that did NOT go to the people who really need it.

Greg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

The only sentence in the OP by one of our LR lefties was, "Well, now that money won't be getting to the people who really need it."

This was followed by other lefties commenting about Trump filling his personal coffers in some way without mention of the pork the Dems specifically wrote into the bill that did NOT go to the people who really need it.

Greg

I have now been called a Trumper by BarryP and a LR leftie by you. You really need to look at some more of my posts. LR leftie, HA! Just because someone disagrees with Trump, he is not a leftie. You are wrong on so many levels, but calling me a leftie about takes the cake!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Greg

Well, no, before you posted about the Kennedy center there were not a bunch of posts about Pres Trump lining his coffers. There were a bunch of posts about personal loyalty, general corruption, etc.

It sounds like you just don't understand the differences between independent oversight over Executive branch distribution of funds designated for a specific purpose and the political processes by which representatives negotiate to have funding bills designate funds to benefit their constituents.

I'm not saying pork spending is good, but it has nothing to do with the President's seeming trend of firing those charged with independent oversight of his administration.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: And BOOM goes the dynamite, I mean oversight... [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Well, now that money won't be getting to the people who really need it.

https://www.cnn.com/...rus-funds/index.html

Why does this feel like 2008 all over again?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gregtryin wrote:

Greg

Facts that are widely known, but for some reason you can’t cite to. Seems legit.
Quote Reply
Re: And BOOM goes the dynamite, I mean oversight... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:

Facts that are widely known, but for some reason you can’t cite to. Seems legit.

If you (or maybe even I) authoritatively cited a source saying something about an unnamed "hack GOP staffer" I'm pretty certain that you (we) would be accused of being lefty libtards. But somehow that source is OK now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:

As an FYI, better get ready for this one. If I had been in Trump's shoes, I would have insisted on accountability of the money sent to Ukraine. This country was infested with corruption and the Bidens were right in the middle of it raking in millions of dollars. If I had been President, I would have wanted a full investigation of what role my own government played in the corruption including an investigation done by the Ukrainian government. The fact that one of the players involved with the corruption was a Vice President of the United States would have made it an imperative that a full investigation take place. At the time of the phone call, it was not a given that Biden would be any more than another candidate for the nomination. I also would have made it clear that I was not releasing any money until it was assured it would be allocated for the agreed upon purchases. If the roles were reversed, the Dems would have been jumping up on the moral high ground screaming graft, corruption, money laundering and anything else they could.

Greg

I was just commenting on your logic... so-and-so said this, so that proves it...

Not to want to derail the thread too far, but that's some serious revisionist history going on in your head. The aid money had been cleared for the new government in Ukraine, so no-one was concerned it would be misused - not congress, not the Defense Dept and not the State Dept. So yes, there was plenty of accountability of where the funds would go and in August Pompeo and Bolton were both imploring Trump to release it because doing so was in the best interests of Americans (you know, for people like you and me, and not for Trump's personal political benefit). But no surprise that you would side with Trump in his "drug deal." And Biden was topping the polls at the time, so nice try to downplay Trump's motivation to undermine his candidacy.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Apr 8, 20 3:26
Quote Reply

Prev Next